Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 38 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr fans weren't impressed going by a glance at their P&B.

Optimistic though based on him being a key part of the Hopkin Livi Side

They've delusions beyond themselves and thick as mince for the most part to be fair.

Ayr fans decided they were world beaters by the end of August last season when Shankland went through a purple patch. They were rancid from end of November til the end of the season (5-0 pumping of Dundee Utd aside). Hope they struggle this time around. 

We’ve got a fairly experienced forward line now, and plenty in midfield along with a couple of youngsters. 4 CB’s and a left back remaining to be signed.

I'd prefer 3 CB, 1 LB and 1 striker.

Muirhead and McHugh are the only real strikers. I know he mentioned Salkeld and Orsi could potentially play up top and Nesbitt could cover up there too, but for me, a third goalscorer is needed.

If we were to sign 3 CBs (to replace Kilday, Waddell and Buchanan) then Jim and Jacobs could be the 4th and 5th emergency options.

it is looking pretty decent and as long as we get a couple of good CBs in, I'll happily get a season ticket.

I'd prefer 3 CB, 1 LB and 1 striker.

Muirhead and McHugh are the only real strikers. I know he mentioned Salkeld and Orsi could potentially play up top and Nesbitt could cover up there too, but for me, a third goalscorer is needed.

If we were to sign 3 CBs (to replace Kilday, Waddell and Buchanan) then Jim and Jacobs could be the 4th and 5th emergency options.

it is looking pretty decent and as long as we get a couple of good CBs in, I'll happily get a season ticket.

Same, but just going by Hopkin's comments in the Tele it appears that he's only looking for 4 CB's and a left back now. Said he wanted 6 more signings, 4 to be CB's and the other competition for Strapp at left-back. Unless he plans on using Cadden there. 

Same, but just going by Hopkin's comments in the Tele it appears that he's only looking for 4 CB's and a left back now. Said he wanted 6 more signings, 4 to be CB's and the other competition for Strapp at left-back. Unless he plans on using Cadden there. 

Reading that article again, it is a big vague. 

Hopkin says we need "18 to 20 players" and is looking to get in "3 or 4" centre backs.

We have 15 at the moment so we could still bring in 3 CBs, 1 LB and a striker potentially.

Get 2 CB in to at least give us a team for now and then see what loans we can pick up later on in the window!

Reading that article again, it is a big vague.

Hopkin says we need "18 to 20 players" and is looking to get in "3 or 4" centre backs.

We have 15 at the moment so we could still bring in 3 CBs, 1 LB and a striker potentially.

Get 2 CB in to at least give us a team for now and then see what loans we can pick up later on in the window!

What about the budget Madton?

What about the budget Madton?

This budget stuff really has confused me and it doesn’t appear I’m alone. Considering the regular mention of it, it would appear we are doing some decent work in our recruitment. Or maybe I’ve just been tricked into believing it would be so woeful that our signings seem more impressive than they actually are? I dunno.

Orsi worried me but other players we have now would suggest he may be back up more than anything else.

Cadden will be playing left wing back and Nesbitt will be an attacker most of the time; whether that’s playing on the shoulder of the last defender or in the ‘chief sand-dancer’ role (© Gary Oliver) remains to be seen.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Good news about Cadden. Looks handy and scored a belter against us for Livi at Cappielow.

Is there something happening with Jacobs? Signed PCA and contract up end of May but no official confirmation yet?

Archived