Hawke Quits - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hawke Quits

TheGoon

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he's not had to quit due to ill health after being too unwell to attend the game on Saturday.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Good riddance.

It’s easy to forget that hiis initial arrival did actually see some improvements at the club, but that said a lot more about his predecessor than anything he was doing well. All he did was make Morton start operating like any other professional football club in terms of things like getting season tickets on sale more than a fortnight before the season started rather than continuing to be a glorified social club.

When it came to issues beyond every day business as usual stuff, he made a complete arse of all of it. The most obvious example being the staggering shambles of the turnstiles which cost the club a ridiculous amount of money, one of many issues which gave the impression he was on a personal mission to restore the feeling of ‘them and us’ between the club and fans to the heights of the McInally era, just as it had been looking like we’d finally moved on from that. He won’t be missed.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Goodbye and thanks for all those shan turnstiles and warning letters.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Good riddance.

It’s easy to forget that hiis initial arrival did actually see some improvements at the club, but that said a lot more about his predecessor than anything he was doing well. All he did was make Morton start operating like any other professional football club in terms of things like getting season tickets on sale more than a fortnight before the season started rather than continuing to be a glorified social club.

When it came to issues beyond every day business as usual stuff, he made a complete arse of all of it. The most obvious example being the staggering shambles of the turnstiles which cost the club a ridiculous amount of money, one of many issues which gave the impression he was on a personal mission to restore the feeling of ‘them and us’ between the club and fans to the heights of the McInally era, just as it had been looking like we’d finally moved on from that. He won’t be missed.

I think he was good as a consultant and had some decent ideas but struggled a bit more when he had to do the work and bring it to completion.

Statement from the official site :

6th May 2019

On Friday evening, I accepted our chief executive Warren Hawke’s resignation from Greenock Morton Football Club.

Warren has been with the club for seven years, achieving a great deal in that time, and we are extremely grateful for the work he has done.

Warren put his heart and soul into the club. We part as friends and wish Warren all the very best in whatever career path he now chooses.

On Saturday, news also broke about the departure of our management team of Jonatan Johansson and Peter Houston prior to our fixture against Dundee United.

It is no secret that the club has had a difficult season, both on and off the pitch, which has contributed to a significant financial loss over the past year. Unfortunately, this position has resulted in the board having to take some hard decisions.

The situation with Charlie Telfer at the weekend was one such decision. As reported in the press, the board did make a request to the manager to play Charlie from the bench due to terms within the player’s contract.

However, when Jonatan expressed his concern, we agreed that he could play Charlie from the start. Unfortunately, Jonatan and Peter were unhappy with the situation and took the decision to leave the club with immediate effect.

We would like to thank Jim McAlister and Chris Millar for taking the reins at short notice in such challenging circumstances. They did a fantastic job and the team pulled out the stops to finish the season with a well-deserved win.

We cannot hide the fact that the club is losing money and we need to accept investment from other sources. With this and concerns raised by some of our performances over the season in mind, regrettably we did not feel we were in a position to be able to extend the contracts of Jonatan Johansson and Peter Houston into next season.

From a personal point of view, I have great respect and admiration for both men. I believe Jonatan will have a great future in football management and I thank them both for the work they have done for the club over a difficult season. I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together and I hope they both can get back into football very quickly.

I am pleased to say that our search for a new management team is continuing apace. In fact, by full-time on Saturday we had already received six applications.

We hope to be in a position to make an announcement about the appointment of a new management team in the coming weeks.

Similarly, the board is progressing discussions about the future financial stability of the club. We are exploring a number of investment options, including the recently reported fan ownership scheme Morton Club Together and plan to take these discussions forward over the summer.

Lastly, I would like to thank our fans for their continued support.  Without this support, the club will not achieve anything. I fully understand that it has been a frustrating season in many respects. However, I am confident that if we all pull together we can turn the club around and achieve success again in the future.

Crawford Rae

Fucked if I'm buying a season ticket next season to watch young Alexander playing a centre forward.

As if you hadn't embarrassed yourself enough in recent weeks. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's two good moves by the club by removing an incompetent manager and  CEO.

I'm sure it all could have been handled better but if we had a wish list on Saturday morning on what could happen over the weekend, then everything has been ticked off (apart from a Tidser contract).

Crawford mentioned in his BBC interview about a leak - perhaps Hawk tipped JJ on Friday after his "resignation" which then lead to the circus.

I wonder if Hawke quit for the same reasons as the management team did?

Seems bizarre that a chief executive would resign before the final day of the season unless something happened that made him feel like he couldn't continue for even one more day.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived