General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 24 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

Giroud is such an Arsenal player. Capable of great stuff but has absolutely reached his limit.

Basically if you spend a long time at Arsenal, you're a living example of the Peter Principle. No actual world-class player would be caught dead there for more than two years.

Edit: realized I've made a meal of explaining what I actually mean. Right, Arsenal sign three types of players. The first are failed signings. Every club has those. The second are guys who would be a stand-out at Everton or Wolves but look rancid at where Arsenal think they should be (and to be fair where they were not so long ago.) The third are actual good players, but every last one of them just sees Arsenal as a springboard, whether they're genuinely world-class or (like Giroud) just a good PL player. Guys like that won't stick around to let Arsenal build a project.

Man Utd are about to enter the same cycle.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Giroud is such an Arsenal player. Capable of great stuff but has absolutely reached his limit.

Basically if you spend a long time at Arsenal, you're a living example of the Peter Principle. No actual world-class player would be caught dead there for more than two years.

Edit: realized I've made a meal of explaining what I actually mean. Right, Arsenal sign three types of players. The first are failed signings. Every club has those. The second are guys who would be a stand-out at Everton or Wolves but look rancid at where Arsenal think they should be (and to be fair where they were not so long ago.) The third are actual good players, but every last one of them just sees Arsenal as a springboard, whether they're genuinely world-class or (like Giroud) just a good PL player. Guys like that won't stick around to let Arsenal build a project.

Man Utd are about to enter the same cycle.

Tl;dr. 

3-0 now, it could be as many as Chelsea want it to be at the moment. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

That's what you get when you drive at 120mph, 50mph over the limit.

You could argue that he's a murderer.

Many people will have driven at those speeds before and survived, so technically, that is not strictly what to get when you drive at 120mph. Also, he was in Spain, so the speed limits are all in km/h and not mph.

*insert signature here*

One thing I can't abide is that Spurs song "Oh when the Spurs go marching in" when they do it in that long drawn out whiny way. If anyone is actually supporting them tonight, just take that into account.

*insert signature here*