morton v q o s - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton v q o s

beetee

Much better last night. We created more chances in the first half than I can remember for the last three home games. The goal came, once again, from a set piece.

Lyons and Tidser were excellent, McCrorie made a few vital saves, yet again.

Far from perfect (the endless pass backs to the keeper from our left wing, for exampl) but at least we are going into the F*lk*rk game wit our heads up. Gutted I’m not going to be able to be there, but at least it’s on the TV.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better last night. We created more chances in the first half than I can remember for the last three home games. The goal came, once again, from a set piece.

Lyons and Tidser were excellent, McCrorie made a few vital saves, yet again.

Far from perfect (the endless pass backs to the keeper from our left wing, for exampl) but at least we are going into the F*lk*rk game wit our heads up. Gutted I’m not going to be able to be there, but at least it’s on the TV.

Completely agree, only thing I’d say is that at least when the ball went back to McCrorie it wasn’t just booted up the park to one of their players. He played it out and they started again.

Passing the ball out and between the back three is fine if you’re trying to take the sting out of a game that you’re already winning; last night (as with most teams at this level) it put us under pressure in dangerous areas and after a few rushed passes the ball was just getting booted out of the park anyway. You don’t need to bring back Davie Irons team of six foot hammer throwers* for accurate punts from the goalkeeper to win you territory and possession much further the pitch. Long throws as McCrorie sent to Iredale a few times in the second half are just as good as that.

* we should though

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Presumably Jonathan put up the match highlights too and that's now binned until further notice?

Last highlights i can see is from the Alloa game on the 12th the Jan!

I have no idea what is wrong with Jonathan but surely we can can find a way of uploading highlights, especially when we finally play not bad and win a game for a change!

Wasn’t there the other night due to work. Our defence looked all over the place in the highlights.

The defence actually were pretty solid for the most part, but they are so prone to causing problems for themselves through poor decision making or errors it's unreal.

They got away with it on Tuesday but its been costing us all season and will continue to do so.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived