Thread About Ex Player - Page 268 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

You're still obsessed I see...

I'm sure I didn't say he was useless, as he was a decent player. Just didn't think he had it in him to ever make it in the top league in England, which he hasn't.

He joined Newcastle with a view to playing for their U21’s.

They also weren’t in the top league at the time.

• Upvote 2

He signed for their development squad, not the first team. Nobody was saying he was going to walk into a Premier League team. Everyone - except you, a bitter failure - was acknowledging he was a young, hard-working defender who was going to have a good career. Now he's on the cusp of international football and you're still a rugby-watching sadact.

:thumbup2: :D

*insert signature here*

Did he not play for Newcastle in the FA Cup?

Am sure he played against someone like man City.

Could be wrong.

My killie supporting mate says he is an absolute class act.

I would suggest that he would not struggle were he to move to English championship now.

He has over 100 first team games under his belt now. To suggest he can't cut it due to not really breaking into the Newcastle first team having been signed as an under 23 is pretty short sighted.

You're still obsessed I see...

I'm sure I didn't say he was useless, as he was a decent player. Just didn't think he had it in him to ever make it in the top league in England, which he hasn't.

What part of "he signed for their development squad" aren't you getting here?

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Mark Russell's desire to move on to bigger clubs and better things is still going swimmingly; since joining 'Finn Harps' at the start of their League of Ireland campaign, he has spent their matches... sitting on their bench as an unused sub. Even Caolan McAleer gets a game for said rabble and netted a consolation goal in one of their recent shoeings. After seven games played, Russell's side are winless and already marooned at the bottom of the table, so it looks like a new adventure sitting on the bench and counting the massive crowds at Cabinteely and Cobh Ramblers awaits next season.

What a terrible, wee shame. 

abc9c954-7c3c-405d-ac37-39658a2bc401.thu

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are