I Feel Let Down - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

I Feel Let Down

Guest se65an

Guest se65an

Dougie.

I know that your Morton through and through, but you have fecked up big time this season.

I cannot believe we are staring the play-offs down the throath. So much for your statement in December, were we needed no new blood and the players we had were good enough to keep us in the 1st. How you can say that Jim Mc was the man to see us through is bejond me.

Dougie, I respect you, for what you have done at Cappielow, but I need to let you know one thing, you have fecked it up this season, and you have only yourself to blame. Can you open your eye's to football, and listen to your fans, the guys that pay in week after week, and get let down every time.

I love Morton and will follow faithfully no matter, BUT I would love to see us do a QoS, or even reach the SPL. Not falling back to the 2nd Div cos of bad management.

I know you read this board, from time to time.

I will repeat, Dougie you have let us all down, all fellow Morton Fans just like you. Rich or poor, but still Morton fans, guys that pay in every week, and let down by poor management

End of the day, it ends with you.

Sean

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

:P

nah i agree with you, But this wasn't just Mcinally and the players first time in the first division, it was Dougie's aswell. He's tried his hardest and made mistakes but he's well on the way to fixing these mistakes. We have a competent manager and brought in experienced better quality players.

everyone makes mistakes.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

nah i agree with you, But this wasn't just Mcinally and the players first time in the first division, it was Dougie's aswell. He's tried his hardest and made mistakes but he's well on the way to fixing these mistakes. We have a competent manager and brought in experienced better quality players.

everyone makes mistakes.

well said dougie

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

everyone makes mistakes.

Competent manager? Too early to decide that IMO.

Experienced better quality players? Who?

everyone makes mistakes.

Yeeehhhhh!!!! Not read a post from a pom-pom waver in a while.

(For the record in case you're either one of the following; young, insecure about your sexuality or just mental, I'm suggesting cheerleader here. It's not a euphemism for gay).

MARTY OUT!!!!!

everyone makes mistakes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wacko: :wacko:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

everyone makes mistakes.

How can you agree with se65an then say Dougie has fixed things . Irons and Collins are trying to turn things round but with so much against them , time , squad etc it was near impossible no one expected Clyde to just give up they have been in this position before and have come through it .

It was obvious for anyone at the Q+A that Mr Rae is not willing to accept any blame and was still berating the vocal support for the team by sections of our support . As far as I know none of the so called fans who are never happier than when they are having a good moan had prolonged McInally tenure , making statements about letting the guys who won the 2nd (3rd time of asking ) have a chance to show what they could do , brought in alot of summer signings who are either not with us or disappeared into the shadows , claimed we were doing well up until after halfway though the season , the fact is Dunfermline hadn't started their season , Partick were still a side gelling ,QOTS were like many others only behind us and their good run has propelled them out of sight , Clyde the perenial relegation dogfighters know what they need to do from day one .

We leak to many goals and don't score enough that is the truth . Even when we go in front in games you can see the belief dwindle when we need to score more .

I wouldn't be holding my breath for a statement from the almighty ego expressing regret for the mess the whole season has been , no doubt an excuse will be found .

Perhaps if Mr Rae allowed those who he employs to us their expertise in doing their jobs the club would go further .

Another rant sorry , but as Se65an put it Dougie has let everyone down badly including himself.

Dougie.

I know that your Morton through and through, but you have fecked up big time this season.

I cannot believe we are staring the play-offs down the throath. So much for your statement in December, were we needed no new blood and the players we had were good enough to keep us in the 1st. How you can say that Jim Mc was the man to see us through is bejond me.

Dougie, I respect you, for what you have done at Cappielow, but I need to let you know one thing, you have fecked it up this season, and you have only yourself to blame. Can you open your eye's to football, and listen to your fans, the guys that pay in week after week, and get let down every time.

I love Morton and will follow faithfully no matter, BUT I would love to see us do a QoS, or even reach the SPL. Not falling back to the 2nd Div cos of bad management.

I know you read this board, from time to time.

I will repeat, Dougie you have let us all down, all fellow Morton Fans just like you. Rich or poor, but still Morton fans, guys that pay in every week, and let down by poor management

End of the day, it ends with you.

Sean

Dear Dougie,

You f***ed up big time this year.

Yours,

Weegieton.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Biggest mistake IMO was not getting rid of mcinally sooner - especially after livingston on 5th Jan. To keep him there and then bring in a new man after the transfer window was closed in my opinion has consigned us to the play-offs.

Throughout his time McInally showed he was completely inept in the transfer market and yet we let him have another go in January!!?!?!

Although I pretty much agree with everything in the first post I still find it hard to be critical of a guy for showing loyalty to an employee. He should have went after the Livvy game but too often nowadays managers aren't given a fair crack of the whip. I believe if Jim had went after the Livvy game we wouldn't be in this situation but the positives under Rae's reign still outweigh the negatives.

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

Although I pretty much agree with everything in the first post I still find it hard to be critical of a guy for showing loyalty to an employee. He should have went after the Livvy game but too often nowadays managers aren't given a fair crack of the whip. I believe if Jim had went after the Livvy game we wouldn't be in this situation but the positives under Rae's reign still outweigh the negatives.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Maybe dougie is still hanging onto SPL2 where we wont be relegated will be a tv package & dougie & running through fields holding hands with Pearce Flynn with the sound of music soundtrack in background.

How do you solve a problem like Marayah

YER BARD

DDF has tried to consolodate Morton's place in the SFL Division 1 on the cheap.

He has no intention of any serious future investments in Morton, on the contrary he has scaled back from what he once invested.

Time to sell up or at least allow Crawford to run things.

Sean DDF does NOT read this board, he has his minion to do that for him. Our resident spy.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I wonder how this'll be spun at the end of the season by those within Cappielow depending on what scenario actually comes about.

Say we avoid relegation in the end, will it be dressed up as some sort of success story, hence more "onwards and upwards" speil that he usually feeds us, or will there be a bit of humility, accepting things have been crap and back to the drawing board. If this is the case, the new management team will quite rightly take a great deal of credit of course, but I'd be very surprised if Rae doesn't try to take the credit for helping us escape, i.e. bringing in Irons and Collins being a masterstroke.

If it's the case that we do go down who'll take the blame? Him? The previous management team? The current management team? The players? The fans? Think we all agree the current management team aren't responsible, but I can guarantee it'll be the fans, with a few wee bitchy digs getting directed at players who are on their way out. We may even see a dig at McInally and Clark at this point, after they admitted towards the end of their reign that they made mistakes in not bringing in experienced players in the summer. Who's the one person who won't take any blame? Exactly.

It would appear that the support as a whole's confidence in Rae is at it's all time low, with the majority now seemingly having had enough of him. It's easy to say that it's only a small section of the support that post on here, but I reckon it is an accurate enough representation of the supoort as a whole to cause concern for our resident tooth-rotter.

Someone with have alot of soul-searching and looking in the mirror to do over the summer, and it's not any of the fans this time around.

Guest GibbyTON
I wonder how this'll be spun at the end of the season by those within Cappielow depending on what scenario actually comes about.

Say we avoid relegation in the end, will it be dressed up as some sort of success story, hence more "onwards and upwards" speil that he usually feeds us, or will there be a bit of humility, accepting things have been crap and back to the drawing board. If this is the case, the new management team will quite rightly take a great deal of credit of course, but I'd be very surprised if Rae doesn't try to take the credit <piss> for helping us escape, i.e. bringing in Irons and Collins being a masterstroke.

If it's the case that we do go down who'll take the blame? Him? The previous management team? The current management team? The players? The fans? Think we all agree the current management team aren't responsible, but I can guarantee it'll be the fans, with a few wee bitchy digs getting directed at players who are on their way out. We may even see a dig at McInally and Clark at this point, after they admitted towards the end of their reign that they made mistakes in not bringing in experienced players in the summer. Who's the one person who won't take any blame? Exactly.

It would appear that the support as a whole's confidence in Rae is at it's all time low, with the majority now seemingly having had enough of him. It's easy to say that it's only a small section of the support that post on here, but I reckon it is an accurate enough representation of the supoort as a whole to cause concern for our resident tooth-rotter.

Someone with have alot of soul-searching and looking in the mirror to do over the summer, and it's not any of the fans this time around.

Think thats one thing you wont see mate, good post though

Say we avoid relegation in the end, will it be dressed up as some sort of success story, hence more "onwards and upwards" speil that he usually feeds us, or will there be a bit of humility, accepting things have been crap and back to the drawing board. If this is the case, the new management team will quite rightly take a great deal of credit of course, but I'd be very surprised if Rae doesn't try to take the credit for helping us escape, i.e. bringing in Irons and Collins being a masterstroke.

Very well put Toby . Was never more convinced after hearing Mr Rae speak at the Q+A night . The resentful tone he answered any criticism is a testament that things will not change .

I think if he did admite to mistakes he would get more respect but that is an unlikely scenario.

Archived