General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 23 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

This is a public forum about general football topics and the likes. You don't get to call the content hotshot

General football ..

Anyway, the SNP's utter silence over what is clearly a paedophile ring is utterly abhorrent. Maybe don't want to upset their Republican voters? Just a thought.

General football and the like...

In other news... Genk are Belgian champions. Club Brugge lost at Standard tonight while Genk got a point at Anderlecht, so they're four ahead with one game to go.

That means there's relatively few group stage slots left to decide in the Champions League. Benfica just need a draw at home to Santa Clara to win their league; Shakhtar are all but champions already; Lille will, barring a miraculous collapse, take the second French spot; and it's between favorites Lokomotiv and Krasnodar for the second spot in Russia.

The very interesting one is Turkey:

Galatasaray are hot favorites because of their superior goal difference, but Istanbul Basaksehir are just behind them - and the two still have to play each other at Galatasaray's home. That game's on Sunday, then the final matchday is the following Saturday.

Basaksehirspor are largely unknown in Europe but have been spending big for a few years now. Their current squad includes Gael Clichy and Emmanuel Adebayor, as well as Eljero Elia and Demba Ba. They also have Emre Belozoglu as captain, and Arda Turan on loan from Barcelona. Not short of a few bob, and on the pitch they're significantly ahead of their more famous neighbors Besiktas and Fenerbahce.
  • Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

In other news... Genk are Belgian champions. Club Brugge lost at Standard tonight while Genk got a point at Anderlecht, so they're four ahead with one game to go.

Hopefully the mods will get around to purging this reference to a pointless league in a bin of a country. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yes, that absolutely pointless bin of a country indeed.

• Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That means there's relatively few group stage slots left to decide in the Champions League. Benfica just need a draw at home to Santa Clara to win their league; Shakhtar are all but champions already; Lille will, barring a miraculous collapse, take the second French spot; and it's between favorites Lokomotiv and Krasnodar for the second spot in Russia.

The very interesting one is Turkey:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_S%C3%BCper_Lig

Galatasaray are hot favorites because of their superior goal difference, but Istanbul Basaksehir are just behind them - and the two still have to play each other at Galatasaray's home. That game's on Sunday, then the final matchday is the following Saturday.

Basaksehirspor are largely unknown in Europe but have been spending big for a few years now. Their current squad includes Gael Clichy and Emmanuel Adebayor, as well as Eljero Elia and Demba Ba. They also have Emre Belozoglu as captain, and Arda Turan on loan from Barcelona. Not short of a few bob, and on the pitch they're significantly ahead of their more famous neighbors Besiktas and Fenerbahce.

FAVORITE?

Oooooooh I’m an American!

What do you think about American things TRVMP?

• Upvote 1

Hopefully the mods will get around to purging this reference to a pointless league in a bin of a country.

More to the point, Genk is a really stupid name for a town. It's like 'Gonk' with an 'e' in it.

I thought that you would have had an affinity with those ailing Belgian giants like Standard Liege and Anderlecht, if history were different they could have been the mainstay of Bundesliga2 and pumping SV Hamburg and St.Pauli on a regular basis.

*insert signature here*

Still, Belgium far better than Slovak slums and the likes.

Next.

Govanhill is better than Slovak slums and the likes.

Hence why there are so many of them over here stinking the place out.

*insert signature here*

I'm far from an expert on Slovakia, having spent a grand total of 72 hours there for work, but I found Kosice very pleasant, probably because I was in the center the whole time and far away from some of their 'suburbs'.

EOho8Pw.png

Ive been once. Would never go back.

VT willingly goes😂😂😂😂

Lets all laugh

Erm yes, I’m sure your gripping account of ‘going from the airport to drink in a ‘Scottish pub’ with Hamish Husband and the gang, before getting another shan bus to a venue where you got effortlessly sworded and had a meltdown about it’ will become the best-selling travelogue of the country soon enough.

Next.

Erm yes, I’m sure your gripping account of ‘going from the airport to drink in a ‘Scottish pub’ with Hamish Husband and the gang, before getting another shan bus to a venue where you got effortlessly sworded and had a meltdown about it’ will become the best-selling travelogue of the country soon enough.

Next.

^^ willingly goes to backwaters like Slovakia 😂😂😂😂

TIME FOR CHANGE!

FAVORITE?

Oooooooh I’m an American!

What do you think about American things TRVMP?

I like American things. I'd give them five on five. Or should I say faaaaaaaaaahve.

EOho8Pw.png

Next.

Hamish Husband and the gang :lol: :lol: :lol:

*insert signature here*