Who Next? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

Still awaiting official confirmation but 100% looks like McKinnon is away.

I’m hoping we’ll be able to attract a decent calibre or applicants given we’ve got a good squad and sitting nicely in the league after 3 games.

Off the top of my head Jim McIntyre is the only decent manager out of a job right now in Scottish football. I wanted him before we appointed McKinnon and would hope he’s interested.

We’ve not got a game next weekend which gives the board a bit more time. Hope we’ve got someone in by a week on Monday.

Fuck you, Ray.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the rumor is true that McIntyre knocked back Falkirk, it would be a challenge to get him to Cappielow. If on the other hand they went for Ray before McIntyre, then I can certainly think of worse.

Whoever comes in will do so outside a transfer window, with an almost-full squad. Only a couple of free agents could realistically be brought in. As such it needs to be someone who can deploy a team to the squad's current strengths. For this reason - although it might sound a bit like looking a gift horse in the mouth - I'm not enthusiastic about the prospect of Hopkin, who builds from a strong defense and likes a more agricultural midfield. That's not to say he couldn't adapt, but you couldn't say the current back line would be the sort of thing he'd put together out of choice.

It needs to be someone with a track record of midfield-friendly football who can make the best of the squad he's given, rather than always needing to build his own. It's a tall order.

EOho8Pw.png

None of the usual merrygoround of Scottish football should even be considered for the position. I’m done - totally ****ing done - with them complaining about budgets, whining about Parklea, patronising the fanbase, telling us to shut up and eat our cereal before they look for a ‘bigger challenge’ in Falkirk, Livingston or some other hovel.

It’s time for someone outside Scottish football who will reject all their assumptions, embrace this club’s proud record and work unceasingly to put the club in the top flight. It’s time for someone with integrity, charisma and an established track record as a title winning manager.

It’s time for Wake.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McIntyre maybe knocked Falkirk back because of the state they’re in right now?

Exactly. Regardless of how each club is viewed in Scottish football circles, the Morton job is far less risky right now.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Morton are a good prospect for any decent manager in Scotland out of work just now. McIntyre would likely be far more interested in taking this squad than cleaning up Hartley's mess I'd think.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Morton are a good prospect for any decent manager in Scotland out of work just now. McIntyre would likely be far more interested in taking this squad than cleaning up Hartley's mess I'd think.

Why did Ray leave?

Squad not set up for the brand of football Hoppy would want?

It depends, I think. Was Livi’s style ‘his’ style or was it the style he adopted in order to compete on a relative shoe-string. Hard to say but I remember someone on here saying his team that won League One had a more positive style.

Why did Ray leave?

Presumably because it suited him better, made him more money and because he is an untrustworthy snake bastard. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It depends, I think. Was Livi’s style ‘his’ style or was it the style he adopted in order to compete on a relative shoe-string. Hard to say but I remember someone on here saying his team that won League One had a more positive style.

That's true, but on the evidence available it really doesn't look like a good fit.

I'd take McIntyre, and if he can't get him then just go for some outsider.

AWMSC

I am so damaged by the latest debacle, I am now willing to treat VT's wet dream suggestion about Wake as being worthy of consideration - about time we had a handsome manager. Duffy was damaged goods and McKinnon an untrustworthy ferret.

Archived