Davie McKinnon.. New Chief Executive? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Davie McKinnon.. New Chief Executive?

Sorry HamCam, I've looked through my post again and don't see the word "magnificence" used or anything approaching it. I don't understand what's happening here with people going to such extremes and twisting the previous post to attempt to improve your arguments. Can you explain what makes you need to do this?

Are you still here? I thought you said you were doing a Hawke and moving on

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you still here? I thought you said you were doing a Hawke and moving on

Can't be bothered checking if I said I was considering it or doing it. I'm a season ticket holder and Ton Supporter since 1964. I have a season ticket for this season but was out of work till getting my current job in Aberdeen. I'm now in bed ill for the last couple of days and perhaps I'm taking my annoyance out on this forum against people whom I'd normally mean no harm against. I'm just having a hot toddy and hopefully be okay by tomorrow morning.

Call me picky but I reckon that proven expertise in corporate management and decision-making are far more important traits for the chief executive role than 'being assertive' or 'being a disciplinarian'. It's not as if they can order backroom staff to do twenty laps of the pitch for not responding to an email, that's simply not how modern management works at any organisation. 

I respect your opinions VT but I need to ask: What level did you play at?

8th May 2019

Chairman Crawford Rae has moved quickly to fill the vacant chief executive position by appointing former Kilmarnock, Dundee, and Hamilton CEO and director David MacKinnon.

Mr Rae said: “Dave has a wealth of experience across business and football as a player and CEO, and I’m delighted that we have been able to secure someone of his calibre to assist us in stabilising and driving the club forward after the events of the weekend.

“Our immediate priority is to secure a new manager and we have already identified the type of individual we require to fill the position.

“Over the next couple of days we will whittle down the applications and options, with a view to making an appointment next week.”

Not loading. Anyone able to copy and paste?

Chairman Crawford Rae has moved quickly to fill the vacant chief executive position by appointing former Kilmarnock, Dundee, and Hamilton CEO and director David MacKinnon.

Mr Rae said: “Dave has a wealth of experience across business and football as a player and CEO, and I’m delighted that we have been able to secure someone of his calibre to assist us in stabilising and driving the club forward after the events of the weekend.

“Our immediate priority is to secure a new manager and we have already identified the type of individual we require to fill the position.

“Over the next couple of days we will whittle down the applications and options, with a view to making an appointment next week.”

Can't imagine he'll be too cheap. Looks like we've got a fresh start for next year so maybe gbe budget cuts won't be as harsh as we thought.

The manager appointment will be a better indication though.

Seems like a very good appointment and as others have said, wont have come cheap. Presumably will be on more than Hawke.

Hopefully an indication that with these mysterious investors involved, the expected cuts wont be as bad as expected.

Am i right in thinking he is a friend of Sandy?

Seems like a very good appointment and as others have said, wont have come cheap. Presumably will be on more than Hawke.

Hopefully an indication that with these mysterious investors involved, the expected cuts wont be as bad as expected.

Am i right in thinking he is a friend of Sandy?

We are Friends if Sandy!

Archived