The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 119 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

There's a difference between who are the worst players in the squad who need replaced and those who we might be able to move on.

That being said, who has performed worse than Tumilty this season?

Kilday has been fucking dreadful in every game I've seen him play this season. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that he appears to be saying he hasn't been trying to motivate his team mates and that he, Millar and Tidser are having what are ultimately pretty snidey conversations about their colleagues behind their backs really isn't acceptable.

I find his thing about "players of different generations" to be pretty laughable if nothing else: how many times did it take McAlister and his colleagues to escape the Second Division? How committed were that rag-tag bunch of chancers? We could live without his holier-than-thou routine, he's been part of much bigger debacles than what we're seeing this season.

Alternatively, a Captain's Log is a great idea if things are going well but a poor idea if things are going badly.

Kilday has been ****ing dreadful in every game I've seen him play this season. 

I did originally have the line "apart from Kilday" but I'm not sure who has given away more goals/goalscoring chances. It must be a close competition between Kilday, Buchanan, and Tumilty. I reckon Tumilty is probably shading it on chances per minute surrendered. 

In any case, my first sentence of that post was written with Kilday in mind.  

I’ve no problem with McAlister speaking out: he’s not only a senior player but the captain as well. Indeed people were questioning his contribution as a leader of the team just this week; this is his effort. It might not work and it might be better backed up by performances on the park, but you can’t have it both ways - criticising him for not taking any initiative and then for doing so.

The red flag that all isn’t well in the camp is Scully publicly questioning getting dropped for being a gubbins, flapping mess of a keeper.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I have no problem with him speaking out, my worry is that there are people not training properly and we are now in December and none of the senior players have done anything about it so only now are they considering having a word.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Scottish Championship strugglers Falkirk are poised to make a January transfer move to sign Motherwell striker Ross MacLean on a permanent basis, with the 21-year-old haven fallen out of favour on loan to Greenock

Think MacLean's a decent player but not any good in the formation JJ wants to play. 

When he signed, McKinnon said he can play as a winger or a striker. He really should have been given a chance as one of the front two, only McHugh has earned his place there so a lack of options if nothing else should have seen him in there. He's fast, direct, can run at people with the ball and can finish well. 

AWMSC

Scottish Championship strugglers Falkirk are poised to make a January transfer move to sign Motherwell striker Ross MacLean on a permanent basis, with the 21-year-old haven fallen out of favour on loan to Greenock

Really??

I like MacLean and feel for him a tad. He moved here believing he would play in a 4231/433 type formation under Snake only to find we are now playing a similar formation to Motherwell with no wingers which doesn't really suit his game as an attacking wide man.

Like EM said, we should give him a run up top alongside McHugh with Oliver and Denny out, must be a better option than Thomson.

On the formation we are playing currently, i'm not sure It's JJ's desired formation as such, more a case of playing to our "strengths" at this moment in time with the players we have at our disposal. I wonder if that will change once JJ brings a few of his own players in come Jan. The snake clearly wanted to play a 433 type formation which beggars belief when you look at the wide options he had in his squad.

Really??

No. He cut a bit off.

Scottish Championship strugglers Falkirk are poised to make a January transfer move to sign Motherwell striker Ross MacLean on a permanent basis, with the 21-year-old haven fallen out of favour on loan to Greenock Morton. (Daily Express, print edition)

Not strictly related to the squad, but just seen East Fife and Edinburgh City are in the Challenge Cup semi-final, had a quick look on East Fife's Wikipedia page and discovered that not only have they won the Scottish Cup more recently than us, they've been in two other finals as well as winning the League Cup on three occasions. 

What a ****in rubbish state of affairs that is. Anybody that thinks Morton are above competing in the Challenge Cup has a really warped view of the club's place in the world.

AWMSC

Not strictly related to the squad, but just seen East Fife and Edinburgh City are in the Challenge Cup semi-final, had a quick look on East Fife's Wikipedia page and discovered that not only have they won the Scottish Cup more recently than us, they've been in two other finals as well as winning the League Cup on three occasions.

What a ****in rubbish state of affairs that is. Anybody that thinks Morton are above competing in the Challenge Cup has a really warped view of the club's place in the world.

Even if we were scratching about in League 2 I still wouldn't be interested in the challenge cup. It's pointless.

Archived