Keeping Track Of The Money - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keeping Track Of The Money

I notice that some £2000 was raised at the recent Sportsman's dinner, and I've just read this in the Tilly-

The 5-2 scoreline was a moot point, as a fantastic day was had all round, with over £2,500 being raised for Morton Youth Development. Amidst a pitch invasion at the final whistle, Morton manager Davie Irons said: “It is a great occasion for the support to be able to come and play at Cappielow. The club would benefit from more things like this, it was very well organised and it is great to meet the support, and encourage new fans to come down to the ground.”

In view of the recent confusion and controversy about our fragmented Youth Policy, I'm wondering if the huge efforts of so many achieve their intended goal.

What actually happens to those moneys once they are raised-are they simply handed over in good faith to the Club-aka Mr Rae, or are they overseen by the Trust, and specifically disbursed on Youth Development?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I notice that some £2000 was raised at the recent Sportsman's dinner, and I've just read this in the Tilly-

The 5-2 scoreline was a moot point, as a fantastic day was had all round, with over £2,500 being raised for Morton Youth Development. Amidst a pitch invasion at the final whistle, Morton manager Davie Irons said: “It is a great occasion for the support to be able to come and play at Cappielow. The club would benefit from more things like this, it was very well organised and it is great to meet the support, and encourage new fans to come down to the ground.”

In view of the recent confusion and controversy about our fragmented Youth Policy, I'm wondering if the huge efforts of so many achieve their intended goal.

What actually happens to those moneys once they are raised-are they simply handed over in good faith to the Club-aka Mr Rae, or are they overseen by the Trust, and specifically disbursed on Youth Development?

here we go - got a helluva feeling of deja vu (or did someone just say that??) <_>

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

here we go - got a helluva feeling of deja vu (or did someone just say that??) <_>

That is not an answer to my legitimate question.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

The time to get answers for legitimate questions was at the Port Glasgow Town Hall and you bottled that chance so tell me, valid as it may be, who from on here are you expecting to answer your question?

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

That is not an answer to my legitimate question.

my answer, then, is this - whatever you think of the Raes ( and that has been made painfully obvious), they are professional businessmen who are used to running not just Morton FC but a considerable larger enterprise.

They will be well aware of the due diligences they must adhere to and the accountability that they have with regard to how monies within their companies are allocated and spent, ESPECIALLY monies raised in such a way as this, and we have no reason to doubt that they will adhere to these criteria.

Sitting on the sidelines and making this sort of snide comment - instead of taking the opportunity that you had to make your points face to face with the men themselves, but declined to do - serves no constructive purpose and you should desist for the benefit of all concerned, not least the long-suffering readership of this board.

If you have any concrete evidence of wrongdoing or misappropriation of money by the board of MFC, then come on, let's see it. If not, then give us all peace, man, and get a life.

The time to get answers for legitimate questions was at the Port Glasgow Town Hall and you bottled that chance so tell valid as it may be, me who from on here are you expecting to answer your question?

Really-then I'll refer you to Toby and Chrissiboi with that one! :lol:

Any need for that. It's a very valid point and one I'd like answered.

One person agrees with me at least! ;)

my answer, then, is this - whatever you think of the Raes ( and that has been made painfully obvious), they are professional businessmen who are used to running not just Morton FC but a considerable larger enterprise.

They will be well aware of the due diligences they must adhere to and the accountability that they have with regard to how monies within their companies are allocated and spent, ESPECIALLY monies raised in such a way as this, and we have no reason to doubt that they will adhere to these criteria.

Sitting on the sidelines and making this sort of snide comment - instead of taking the opportunity that you had to make your points face to face with the men themselves, but declined to do - serves no constructive purpose and you should desist for the benefit of all concerned, not least the long-suffering readership of this board.

If you have any concrete evidence of wrongdoing or misappropriation of money by the board of MFC, then come on, let's see it. If not, then give us all peace, man, and get a life.

You have NOT answered my question. You have simply stated what YOU believe the Raes do and don't do, without citing a crumb of supportive evidence other than the usual sycophantic sh*te about Golden Casket being a 'large enterprise' when it's only a wee sweetie factory run by an old sweetie wife.

I resent your twisting of my legitimate question to incorporate 'snide comment', and 'wrongdoing and misappropriation by the board'. Those thoughts came from your fanciful cranium-not mine. I merely posed a very serious question which many are asking but perhaps a bit shy about posting.

Now to the 'long suffering readership of this board'-yes indeed my friend- seven years IS a long time to suffer the megalomanic self indulgences of a man who in my opinion-BACKED BY EVIDENCE which I will not publish here, but which is shared by several other respected posters, is now the one thing which is preventing Greenock Morton FC from moving onwards.

Finally, I've made it clear in the past who I am, and may I assure you that I am well aware of the due diligences, and accountability I have when I make allegations on this forum.

Would you care to do the same, or do you prefer to hide up Mr Rae's arse? :o

YER BARD

Guest midTONs

You know it's a question I tried to get answered before but didn't get anywhere with, I will not go over old ground but it would be nice for the club to contact the person/organisation or club who made any donation for the youth set up or any other fund within the club for that matter and tell them exactly how their donation was made use of.

You have simply stated what YOU believe the Raes do and don't do, without citing a crumb of supportive evidence other than the usual sycophantic sh*te about Golden Casket being a 'large enterprise' when it's only a wee sweetie factory run by an old sweetie wife.

I resent your twisting of my legitimate question to incorporate 'snide comment', and 'wrongdoing and misappropriation by the board'. Those thoughts came from your fanciful cranium-not mine. I merely posed a very serious question which many are asking but perhaps a bit shy about posting.

Finally, I've made it clear in the past who I am, and may I assure you that I am well aware of the due diligences, and accountability I have when I make allegations on this forum.

Would you care to do the same, or do you prefer to hide up Mr Rae's arse? :o

1. I stated what I believe - and that's all that YOU did, ain't it??!! And you did so without, to quote you, ' a crumb of supportive evidence'. If you have such evidence, then put up - or shut up.

Thankfully, my opinion is level-headed and even-handed, and far from being sycophantic sh*te. Tho I WILL say that "that old sweetie wife", as you refer to him, has done a lot better for himself than you or I, and as such is in all likelihood better equipped to run MFC, AND to run it in the right way as far as accountability for funds, etc, is concerned.

2. Read your original post again - it's "snide comment" to a T. And you posted a legitimate question in a cynically biased and slanted way, as is your wont when it comes to the Raes; hence my "deja vu" comment.

3. Read my post again - I made absolutely no refernce to who you are, who you aren't who you might want to someday become. You could be Napoleon for all I care (aye, and like him I bet you often feel a right tit) - but if you're suffering an identity crisis keep it to yourself. I know the comments that have been doing the rounds here about your identity, but don't flatter yourself that I'm interested, I couldn't give a gnat's chuff who you are and it's a rather pompous assumption of yours to think that I do.

4. As for your final point, you seem to assume that all of those who don't agree with you are somehow i thrall to DDFR and kowtow to him at every opportunity. NOT the case; if I think he deserves criticism then I'll give it - but only when there are legitimate grounds, and I won't use a news article to cast aspersions about the man. And, incidentally, what is, quote, "do you prefer to hide up Mr Rae's arse?" if not a snide, uncalled for and personal comment which you have absolutely no grounds for making?

The defence rests. I'm going home now for some peace. Somebody else can take a shot at rattling your cage - there are plenty here that enjoy doing it.

1. I stated what I believe - and that's all that YOU did, ain't it??!! And you did so without, to quote you, ' a crumb of supportive evidence'. If you have such evidence, then put up - or shut up.

Thankfully, my opinion is level-headed and even-handed, and far from being sycophantic sh*te. Tho I , WILL say that "that old sweetie wife", as you refer to him, has done a lot better for himself than you or Iand as such is in all likelihood better equipped to run MFC, AND to run it in the right way as far as accountability for funds, etc, is concerned.

2. Read your original post again - it's "snide comment" to a T. And you posted a legitimate question in a cynically biased and slanted way, as is your wont when it comes to the Raes; hence my "deja vu" comment.

3. Read my post again - I made absolutely no refernce to who you are, who you aren't who you might want to someday become. You could be Napoleon for all I care (aye, and like him I bet you often feel a right tit) - but if you're suffering an identity crisis keep it to yourself. I know the comments that have been doing the rounds here about your identity, but don't flatter yourself that I'm interested, I couldn't give a gnat's chuff who you are and it's a rather pompous assumption of yours to think that I do.

4. As for your final point, you seem to assume that all of those who don't agree with you are somehow i thrall to DDFR and kowtow to him at every opportunity. NOT the case; if I think he deserves criticism then I'll give it - but only when there are legitimate grounds, and I won't use a news article to cast aspersions about the man. And, incidentally, what is, quote, "do you prefer to hide up Mr Rae's arse?" if not a snide, uncalled for and personal comment which you have absolutely no grounds for making?

The defence rests. I'm going home now for some peace. Somebody else can take a shot at rattling your cage - there are plenty here that enjoy doing it.

I thought you were being serious. It's nice to know you were only attempting to rattle my cage.

I do, however, take exception to the assumption you make as highlighted. I'm desperately sorry that you can't hold a candle to the great man. Please don't assume all are in the same boat. :)

YER BARD

An extremely valid point there. I trust the Club aka Raes would never squander the money, the way the previous owner did. I would, however, like to know specifically what sums of money raised by the Trust go towards. Like what did the money from last season's Supporters match and Sportsman's Dinner go to?

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

I thought you were being serious. It's nice to know you were only attempting to rattle my cage.

I do, however, take exception to the assumption you make as highlighted. I'm desperately sorry that you can't hold a candle to the great man. Please don't assume all are in the same boat. :)

since you are loath to put in an appearance at club functions, old son, I am well within my rights to consider that last sentence to be just some more piss and wind.

Good evening to you.

since you are loath to put in an appearance at club functions, old son, I am well within my rights to consider that last sentence to be just some more piss and wind.

Good evening to you.

I think it is a little unreasonable to dismiss somebody's views just because they didn't go to A question and answer session. Plenty of fans, like myself, who support Morton everywhere, home and away, didn't attend that night in the Port Glasgow Town Hall. We are still allowed to ask questions about the club we invest time and money in!

The mark of a real fan is somebody who sticks by the club through the bad times and pays to watch the team on the park on a Saturday when he/she can. Its not just those who attend the 'extra-curricular' fan evenings who are entitled to complain about the Club or question it! Some people go to the football at the weekend when they aren't busy with other, frankly, more important things in their lives!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Golden Casket being a 'large enterprise' when it's only a wee sweetie factory run by an old sweetie wife.

From The Herald

"Turnover climbed 16% to £16.3m in calendar 2006, which Rae attributed to "increasing our business through existing customers rather than acquiring many new ones". Pre-tax profits climbed from £1.23m in 2005 to £1.44m."

Sounds like a wee sweetie factory doesnt it ?? 16.3m Turnover in 2006

Change the record ya old fool

Edit to add

I would actually like to see how the money we raise is spent and would be nice for the club to show us what our money was being invested in

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

From The Herald

"Turnover climbed 16% to £16.3m in calendar 2006, which Rae attributed to "increasing our business through existing customers rather than acquiring many new ones". Pre-tax profits climbed from £1.23m in 2005 to £1.44m."

Sounds like a wee sweetie factory doesnt it ?? 16.3m Turnover in 2006

Change the record ya old fool

Edit to add

I would actually like to see how the money we raise is spent and would be nice for the club to show us what our money was being invested in

Don't you know my good friend that today we are avoiding personal insults you youthful savant!

In the confectionery world it is indeed a very small enterprise, as I have pointed out repeatedly. That it has taken Mr Rae all his life to reach that pinnacle of success-I believe he is now 77- is indeed remarkable! :lol:

YER BARD

Dougie could turn GC into the most profitable organisation in the world for all I care, doesn't mean he has the slightest clue about running a football club.

Mortonjag makes a fair point - if the fans are coughing up the cash for something that should be the clubs responsibility, we deserve to be told where that money is going.

And why would anyone want to go to one of Dougie's wee soirees anyway? We all know he's never going to give you a straight answer unless it's making him look good, or he gets a chance to wheeze "bring a friend" for a while.

AWMSC

Don't you know my good friend that today we are avoiding personal insults you youthful savant!

In the confectionery world it is indeed a very small enterprise, as I have pointed out repeatedly. That it has taken Mr Rae all his life to reach that pinnacle of success-I believe he is now 77- is indeed remarkable! :lol:

Scotland's biggest independent sweet manufacturer - Yeah he is a small enterprise

And why do you belittle the mans life work - I think building a company that turns over 16.3m a year is quite an achievement

I dont mind seeing you pointing out valid faults of the Raes but sometimes you have a go and make fun of them just for the sake of it

You are a boring and predictable sad old man who seems to have a personal grudge against the Rae's

Well MortonHag we have heard it all before , why dont you dissapear for a while again and give us all peace

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

Archived