David Wylie Gone... - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

David Wylie Gone...

delboy66

Sutton and Anderson should be next to be purged anyway for their worse than useless ‘caretaker’ stint that both contributed to the long term injury of our marquee signing and only credible striker in the squad and saw us lose to Partick fucking Thistle.

Get them in the sea.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has it actually been confirmed anywhere (reliable that is - not the Daily Record or some ITK guy) that Wylie is away?

Just tbf the official site has been pretty quick at keeping the "Coaches" page up to date (they already have a pic and bio for Hopkin) but Wylie is still showing.

Surely if he was gone it would be easier to delete his at the time they were adding Hopkin's?

That's it confirmed by Gaston on twitter. For what it's worth him and Jamie McGowan seem to absolutely love him as a coach and as a person.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm convincing myself more and more that the budget can't be as bad as we think. Appointing a GK coach with vast experience in England and from a much bigger club than us on a 3 year deal? Bringing an assistant in who worked at Spurs and a new CEO who has experience working with a number of clubs across Scotland and did very well by all accounts.

If you add in all the work we are doing at Cappielow etc surely we can't go into the new season with all that behind us only to have a rubbish team on the park??

Sounds like we are doing a lot of good things and I just can't see us putting all these building blocks in place and then signing a team full of  Dylan Dykes wannabe's. 

I’m much more comfortable with us investing in the infrastructure of the club than I would be having a larger playing budget, which ultimately could just leave us back where we started this time next season.

Gaston commented under our tweet about Wylie deserving a bit more than a few lines in an article, which is probably fair. Has been a bit strange how he’s been ushered out the door.

I imagine we'll be paying accommodation costs, or part of it, to the 2 coaches as well. Won't be cheap.

What sort of wage to an employee isn’t meant to cover accommodation costs? It’s really no different to hiring some jobber from Glasgow.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What sort of wage to an employee isn’t meant to cover accommodation costs? It’s really no different to hiring some jobber from Glasgow.

I reckon we'll be paying extra to him than what we'd be paying some 'jobber' from Glasgow, or paying his accommodation costs ourselves. We've done it with players most seasons up until now, and paid for McKinnon to have a flat in Glasgow to make his travel easier to training. 

I reckon we'll be paying extra to him than what we'd be paying some 'jobber' from Glasgow, or paying his accommodation costs ourselves. We've done it with players most seasons up until now, and paid for McKinnon to have a flat in Glasgow to make his travel easier to training. 

He's here on a three-year deal, if we're paying his accommodation we're absolute mugs. A relocation fee is all that should be needed.

EOho8Pw.png

I agree with him and thought the same when I read it. Quite poor IMO.

Yep, it is, and I'm glad we'll be giving him a bit more recognition in the coming days.

That said it's complete sour grapes from Gaston obviously.

EOho8Pw.png

I reckon we'll be paying extra to him than what we'd be paying some 'jobber' from Glasgow, or paying his accommodation costs ourselves. 

Why would we? We were looking for a coach, he wanted the job, we give him £x a week and he pays for accommodation like other backroom staff. It might well be that the club uses local contacts to find him somewhere to live in a shorter period of time than he would manage using the open market, but for the club to pay for accommodation would both be i) ridiculous anyway and ii) not in line with the idea of reducing losses at the club. 

Archived