Davie McKinnon.. New Chief Executive? - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Davie McKinnon.. New Chief Executive?

Is it just me who isn't too impressed with Dave McKinnon so far?

Look at this article for a start:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/17736282.morton-fans-urged-to-pick-up-season-tickets/

Pick up Season tickets? Why is he giving them away free? It seems a bit arrogant of him, to 'tell' supporters to pick them up, almost a sense of entitlement to the supporters money. No sales pitch or appeal to the supporters goodwill. Typical Rangers man.

How long will this one last?

*insert signature here*

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/17736282.morton-fans-urged-to-pick-up-season-tickets/

Pick up Season tickets? Why is he giving them away free? It seems a bit arrogant of him, to 'tell' supporters to pick them up, almost a sense of entitlement to the supporters money. No sales pitch or appeal to the supporters goodwill. Typical Rangers man.

At no point in that article does he tell people to pick up season tickets.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Click bait telegraph pish

At no point in that article does he tell people to pick up season tickets.

No it was only a 'rallying cry urging supporters to pick up season tickets'.

Supporters would only be able to pick up season tickets if they bought them in the first place. Perhaps he would have been better off asking politely for the supporters to buy the season tickets. Reading that makes me think he's a cheeky cunt with a sense of entitlement who can go and do one.

*insert signature here*

No it was only a 'rallying cry urging supporters to pick up season tickets'.

Supporters would only be able to pick up season tickets if they bought them in the first place. Perhaps he would have been better off asking politely for the supporters to buy the season tickets. Reading that makes me think he's a cheeky cunt with a sense of entitlement who can go and do one.

He hasn’t really done that though, in fact he isn’t quoted as saying anything near it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is something the club need to be vary of. Although he isn't held in as high esteem by Rangers* fans as Johansson is, I don't want to see MacKinnon talking about Rangers and Davie Cooper at every opportunity.

Other than that, I thought he spoke well about Morton and raising standards.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Just listened. Speaks like a normal fella. 

Not sounding like a cast member of Auf Weidersehen Pet does tend to help with first impressions, I agree.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just listened. Speaks like a normal fella. No bullshit. Looks passionate.

Big change from fancy words dressed up in false promises.

Aye I liked the sound of him. Sounds confident and seems like a decent guy so hopefully he does the job for us.

Talks the targets of the season up a bit more than Hopkin too.

Better than Hawke already im sure you'll agree?

I'm sure you'll not agree with this but I think Hawke done a decent job up until a point.

He's started off the youth academy, community trust, got a bit more structure off the park, started doing bits and pieces around the stadium (hospitality changes, cosmetic changes, pie stalls, etc) and highlighted we can't keep spending what we can't afford.

The problem (apart from him not getting on with fans and being a bit salesman like with promises) was that he never actually saw a lot of it through to completion so hopefully McKinnon can do that.

To put it into a bit more context, McKinnon has taken the hospitality plans and made them happen rather than talking about them and hoping for praise.

For me, Hawke would have been better as a consultant like he was at first where he'd come up with ideas and some strategy and leave it to others to actually run with.

I know people will have different options and try to deride the point about the examples I've gave (the pie stall is a good choice for that) but basically I think he had good ideas but wasn't the person to follow through with them (see turnstiles for a perfect example of that).

And probably the quicker answer to your question is that he seems more personable than Hawke and a lot more positive so for the face of the club, it is better.

Looking forward to seeing how everything pans out.

Hawke was and probably still is a gormless moron. These are the facts.

A total self preservationist whom i can only presume charmed many, including yourself, into believing he was a credible CEO.

He drove a wedge between the fans even more so than already existed.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I'm sure you'll not agree with this but I think Hawke done a decent job up until a point.

He's started off the youth academy, community trust, got a bit more structure off the park, started doing bits and pieces around the stadium (hospitality changes, cosmetic changes, pie stalls, etc) and highlighted we can't keep spending what we can't afford.

The problem (apart from him not getting on with fans and being a bit salesman like with promises) was that he never actually saw a lot of it through to completion so hopefully McKinnon can do that.

To put it into a bit more context, McKinnon has taken the hospitality plans and made them happen rather than talking about them and hoping for praise.

For me, Hawke would have been better as a consultant like he was at first where he'd come up with ideas and some strategy and leave it to others to actually run with.

I know people will have different options and try to deride the point about the examples I've gave (the pie stall is a good choice for that) but basically I think he had good ideas but wasn't the person to follow through with them (see turnstiles for a perfect example of that).

And probably the quicker answer to your question is that he seems more personable than Hawke and a lot more positive so for the face of the club, it is better.

Looking forward to seeing how everything pans out.

In which the Community Trust, COMPLETELY and TOTALLY separate from the club and may God strike one down for even THINKING there is anything other than a West Bank barrier between the two, was started by Warren Hawke in his capacity as Morton CEO.

Stopped reading this mini-Pravda after that.

EOho8Pw.png

Hawke was and probably still is a gormless moron. These are the facts.

A total self preservationist whom i can only presume charmed many, including yourself, into believing he was a credible CEO.

He drove a wedge between the fans even more so than already existed.

I literally just said he'd have been better in another role, i.e. not a CEO.

Archived