Highest Reputation Content

#1128819 Morton vs. Dunfermline - 5/10/19

Posted by hoodless on 06 October 2019 - 06:58 PM

Gave yesterday a miss. Can’t be bothered with the nonsense of having to join two slow moving queues to get into a game. Convinced it is costing the club thousands of pounds at every home game... idiotic.

Just fuck off and don’t come back then.

#1126879 Squad and transfers 2019/20

Posted by Jamie_M on 28 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

Someone on Facebook says they saw him limping at the Tesco petrol station.

You want to have heard his roar when he stopped the pump right on £20.

#1117762 Why do you hate Falkirk?

Posted by LargsTON on 02 May 2019 - 07:53 AM

I don’t!

Mods, please.

#1102480 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by Toby on 14 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

Good luck to Duffy is what I say. Took us to the playoff and Hampden and seems a decent guy. He gets the Partick job then good luck to him.

Nah- I liked him too, but f*ck wishing a guy who could be going to one of our direct rivals well. especially a horrible wee club like them.

We’re Morton fans, not Jim Duffy fans. Hope he has a nightmare and they go down in the play offs, joining those peasants from Grangemouth in League One.

#1093968 The KKK Bin Pub Review Thread

Posted by K K Kelbie on 13 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

The KKK Bin Pub Review #5 - The Thistle Bar

Firstly, readers who aren't clued up on the comings and goings of Greater Greenock's thriving bin pub scene will be wondering: where the **** is 'The Thistle Bar'? 

A: The Thistle is a bin pub on the site of the former Lynedoch Bar, which did a Rangers after either i) sectarian-based violence in the premises or ii) running a series of 'special' opening times and being caught by the pigs a few years ago. It doesn't open for the new-fangled 'derby' matches involving the bigots - which leaves this magnificent bin pristine for the rest of us during the year. 

64759_31753de3.jpg?w=2

43322741.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Good: As the picture suggests, the owners of The Thistle are trying very hard to make it something more than a bin pub - a super fun karaoke bar to be precise. But just like you can't take the Big Mags effect out of a Raploch wean, you can't take the 'bin' out of what used to be the ****ing Lynedoch either. When popular with the locals, the pub feels like its always one spilled pint away from a mass rammy. Which is exactly how it should be. 

The owners best intentions pay off in the service, which is undoubtedly the best available even by Greenock's magnificent standards in watering holes. Big boy measures of Smirnoff cost a mere £1.50 with pints at £2.50.  In return, guests are able to watch the football on Sky as well as BT Sport without having to use some buckshee box that the owner of the pub took out of a skip the night before, as well as having use of a pool table. At the moment they're flogging Tennents at £2 a pint and a Glens with dash for £1.40 - making it by far the cheapest pub in the town that doesn't serve Tiger.

Bad: Nothing to report from the official KKK visit. 

Mixed: The pub doesn't have an authentic wine list - El Dorado or Buckfast in their rightful storage conditions - but it does offer the inferior, English swill as part of a Bucky-bomb for £1.50. The official KKK Bin Pub Guide is agnostic about this situation. 

Rating: 3Ks out of 3. Offering all required amenities for a low price, big measures and a taste of malice in the air, The Thistle wins a hearty KKK stamp of approval as a bin pub. Anyone who chooses to trot along to the James Watt or even worse, that Tail of the Bank monstrosity instead of taking the brief detour up to it from Greenock's Golden Mile needs to take a long hard ****ing look at themselves. But the owners of The Thistle are making an effort - which means that for all its impeccable bin qualities it hasn't built up the character features that separate the best bins of all from the rest. Close but no cigar. 

#1074774 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by cmdc on 10 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

No idea but tastier than Burslem lobby I would think. No doubt GG is enjoying eating his humble pie though. That guy knows how to build a career.
Has he told you whether he likes Abba yet, I have him pegged as a Pet Shop Boys fan.

You seem like a bit of a dick.

#1048109 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by vikingTON on 21 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

No, it simply happened. And no one in their right mind would give pictures to a creep like yourself anyway.

Back in your box then.

#1048079 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by vikingTON on 21 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Ed de Ball - posts: 531

Another effortless victory for The Clique. 

dance.gif

#1047654 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by LargsTON on 17 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

You can't be that good at it if you're still practicing.  :blink:

You must be an expert at giving Ernie a bawhum by now.

#1128346 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by dunning1874 on 26 September 2019 - 09:53 PM

‘Stevie G’ would, of course, never be guilty of any kind of cheap shot or despicable behaviour, such as attacking a DJ for not letting him pick a song, running over a child or deliberately injuring an opponent like an absolute fucking thug.

Pondlife.

#1111672 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by dunning1874 on 22 February 2019 - 05:02 AM

Morning all.

Greenock Morton, First Division, Season 2008/09

Jenkins in the starting 11: P20, W11, D5, L4
Jenkins not in the starting 11: P16, W1, D6, L9

I’m sure that’s just a coincidence though and he definitely wasn’t carrying us by virtue of being the best midfielder at the club by a mile.

#1062981 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by Deego on 09 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Also Alan Lithgow, did he play a couple of games for us?

DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

matt-hardy-delete-delete-delete-o.gif

#1047667 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by Guest on 17 November 2016 - 11:02 PM

As a practicing catholic I think your comments are disgusting and offensive. Irony is that you've got an Irish surname.

Hypocrisy alert.

I wonder if any practicing Muslims have ever taken offence at some of your comments on this miserable outpost of the internet, not to mention some more of yours about 'short changing Asian shopkeepers' and 'smelly Romanians'. I consider that prejudice in each and every form, directed at any particular group of fellow human beings is worthy of outright condemnation. Don't you?

I say this as a practicing Atheist - I gather that you're not too fond of them either. :lol: 

#1129060 Our football club, the great burden

Posted by TRVMP on 14 October 2019 - 03:26 PM

Unfortunately this is bang on the money.

About 4/5 years ago I was in Cleats with a group that included Crawford's son, who I had never met before and haven't again since.  Perfectly nice guy btw.  One of the group was from overseas and the conversation eventually went onto football and this person was told about how Morton was owned by the Rae's.  This lad said to Crawfords son "wow that must be cool?!" to which the reply was a roll of the eyes and something along the lines of "Aye, you'd think so wouldn't you?"

From that point I knew as soon as Dougie was no longer running GC (or worse no longer with us), the Raes would be out of Morton tlike a shot!

And to be clear, he has every right to feel that way. If you don't feel a particular love for Morton, and/or aren't bothered about football in general, and come from a business background, it will look and feel like a millstone. My contention isn't that they're particularly evil for feeling this way and acting accordingly; rather it's that in doing so, they have completely surrendered any right to goodwill from the broader Morton support, and instead should be regarded as something approaching absentee landlords. All this "och, they saved the club" and "their heart is in the right place" stuff is now completely moribund. And that goes doubly when they start saying that Morton put GC's staff under threat.

#1128246 New Catering

Posted by Toby on 23 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

With the Old Firm both playing on Sundays now there are a lot of people in Greenock with free Saturdays. Obviously a lot of Morton fans don't want these people to come to our games but it is an opportunity to earn some extra dosh and maybe their weans will enjoy it so much that they become Morton fans

Morton’s stance in refusing to vote your former club’s tribute act into the then First Division in 2012 has finished off the chances of a lot of that mob returning as casual visitors to Cappielow. They see us as enemies who tried to kill them, when in fact they succeeded in killing them.

A hit worth taking, I feel :).