Recommendations On Off The Beaten Track Things To Do .... - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Recommendations On Off The Beaten Track Things To Do ....

TonInDublin

OK, so I finish up work for 8 weeks on Friday - one of those holiday Sabbatical banks that you build over five years and then in the sicth year you can take extended time off.

Other than not working, and not fluting around on the interweb, I have a couple of holidays planned - one to France, and a few days so far in Scotland for the Skunks game.

I also plan to take a few days completely to myself - alone and unaccompanied - and am looking for any recommendations of things to do to completely get away from the usual day to day shit. Right now that would be along the lines of maybe going to West Cork or Kerry and sitting on a rock for a few days, going to The Curragh and counting the sheep, heading out to The Gaeltacht for a few days etc etc

But - with cheap air travel - wondering if any of you have done something off the beaten track that fitted the bill above. Trying to avoid major cities, especially in mid summer.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can heartily recommend some cellar time in the Glasgow area. If your reading genre is fantasy you will not be disappointed. In return all that will be asked of you is the odd furniture removal, taking a greyhound for a walk and a bit of DIY.

Iona. Magical place.

Get an island Hopper from Cal Mac and hit the Scottish islands

Both of those options are appealing ........ never been to Iona - does it typically get packed in summer ?

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Another good shout - anyone know how long it takes to complete that ?

Can be done in 4 days if your prepared for it but there's the option of starting at Crianlarich or finishing there. It's brilliant. Skype is fantastic and not too much of a journey

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Can be done in 4 days if your prepared for it but there's the option of starting at Crianlarich or finishing there. It's brilliant. Skype is fantastic and not too much of a journey

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Archived