Gmt - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Gmt

HamCam

Met him nah, but what difference does that make I've met a guy called Russel once and he's a (ock 👍🏼But only a bit oh a (ock , perhaps just the helmet part😂

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ idiot found

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Whatever consenting adults get up to is 'normal'. We don't really need the sex police in 2016.

In a public bathroom we most certainly do need the sex police. Unless you're comfortable with the idea of kids - or adults, for that matter - walking in on a sex act.

EOho8Pw.png

There is no equilibrium there, that kind of stuff is not 'normal'. Guys who look for sex in public toilets are perverts.

When homosexuality activity was outlawed, cruising spots made sense - they'd be spread by word of mouth and were a relatively (emphasis here) safe and secure way to meet other men. Hence public parks and certain toilets became hotspots - largely out of necessity. It was far safer than personal ads that could be traced back to you and end your career, family life etc.

That was then. This is now. In a culture like the UK, which is exceptionally tolerant towards homosexuality and has countless other avenues for men to meet, from smartphone apps to bars to day centers to anything else you can think of, the only real reason for cruising spots to exist is for the illicit thrill of it, which is what Davie is getting at when he talks about the sex police. I obviously can't read his mind but I'd bet plenty that for him bathroom sex is something to be defended simply because it contravenes social norms, and that's where the frisson comes from, rather than the act itself. If an unwilling viewer walks in in it, so much the better - it's 2016, bigot, if your son can't handle watching some hot man-to-man action through a cubicle door then that's your failure as a parent.

EOho8Pw.png

Whatever consenting adults get up to is 'normal'. We don't really need the sex police in 2016.

Does the word 'public' mean anything to you?

That kind of thing in a public place is indecent, whether or not the adults are 'consenting'. At home, behind closed doors, in a hotel room etc. Then fair enough, you may have a point. But if you need to have a quick London-by-night and wish to use a public restroom, then you shouldn't be have to be exposed to that kind of thing.

It's a selfish and thoughtless act at the very least by the benders.

*insert signature here*

When homosexuality activity was outlawed, cruising spots made sense - they'd be spread by word of mouth and were a relatively (emphasis here) safe and secure way to meet other men. Hence public parks and certain toilets became hotspots - largely out of necessity. It was far safer than personal ads that could be traced back to you and end your career, family life etc.

That was then. This is now. In a culture like the UK, which is exceptionally tolerant towards homosexuality and has countless other avenues for men to meet, from smartphone apps to bars to day centers to anything else you can think of, the only real reason for cruising spots to exist is for the illicit thrill of it, which is what Davie is getting at when he talks about the sex police. I obviously can't read his mind but I'd bet plenty that for him bathroom sex is something to be defended simply because it contravenes social norms, and that's where the frisson comes from, rather than the act itself. If an unwilling viewer walks in in it, so much the better - it's 2016, bigot, if your son can't handle watching some hot man-to-man action through a cubicle door then that's your failure as a parent.

Pretty much agree with all of that. He didn't mind having the piss taken out of him about though, e.g., in the Extras scene with Ricky Gervais and this Comic Relief sketch with James Corden.

Pretty much agree with all of that. He didn't mind having the piss taken out of him about though, e.g., in the Extras scene with Ricky Gervais and this Comic Relief sketch with James Corden.

Yep, I have a lot of time for George Michael, really didn't take himself too seriously and was very comfortable with who he was. I've also read today about a bunch of charitable donations he made that were totally secret while he was alive. Good chap.

EOho8Pw.png

Yep, I have a lot of time for George Michael, really didn't take himself too seriously and was very comfortable with who he was. I've also read today about a bunch of charitable donations he made that were totally secret while he was alive. Good chap.

that'll be the Ton fixed then

I particularly enjoyed his response to getting knicked with the release of Outside, which was a classic pop pisstake.

I'd be a bit more concerned if there was any danger of Capitanus becoming the arbiter of 'Normal' B)

I particularly enjoyed his response to getting knicked with the release of Outside, which was a classic pop pisstake.

I'd be a bit more concerned if there was any danger of Capitanus becoming the arbiter of 'Normal' B)

And so you should be too. Normal folk would feel perfectly comfortable, but not you.

Says more about you than me. B)

*insert signature here*

This article gives one interpretation for the reasons behind his penchant for cruising for random no-stings sexual encounters. No idea if it's accurate or not, but it's in interesting observation nevertheless. He's absolutely spot-on about the hypocrisy of the right-wing press though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/george-michael-homophobia-gutter-press-sexuality-freedom-role-model-a7496401.html

This article gives one interpretation for the reasons behind his penchant for cruising for random no-stings sexual encounters. No idea if it's accurate or not, but it's in interesting observation nevertheless. He's absolutely spot-on about the hypocrisy of the right-wing press though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/george-michael-homophobia-gutter-press-sexuality-freedom-role-model-a7496401.html

It sounds right, and the author - another whom I imagine will pass away peacefully at home after a long illness - brings up the tension between the 'respectable', marriage, just-like-you-and-me lobby and the ones who want to keep getting anonymously buggered in hedges.

And that's where the right wing media comes in. I agree, there's a hypocrisy here, but it's largely enforced. A few years ago everyone (including me) went mental when Jan Moir wrote that gay relationships weren't inevitably picket-fence wonderlands, and from that point on any discussion of gay behavior by non-gay writers was off the table. But among gay writers we still find hints of it - turns out that a not-too-small percentage of gay men still finds pleasure in transgressive sexual activity long after it became unnecessary, while Moir ironically became a prophet of what she wrote, because now the media depiction of male homosexuality is almost absurdly twee, even neutered.

Consider the hugely popular sitcom Modern Family as the archetype here. It's all cardigans and hobbies and prissily fussing with each other's hair. That's where the right wing media, much less the rest of the media, finds itself now. That's the only acceptable way for non-gays to observe male homosexuality. It's not surprising that a lot of gay men feel that the edge has been taken off the lifestyle.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived