morton against dunfermline - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton against dunfermline

beetee

For me Millar, McHugh and Buchanan the ones with pass marks from yesterday.

Re: the Telfer comments, I love his work rate and really do feel he warrants a place in the side (granted he was blowing out his arse after 60 mins mind) - Millar, Telfer and Tidser further forward is how I’d set up. McAlister just shouts and points, doesn’t offer much else for me.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 27th -

2018 - Dundee United 0-3 Morton (O'Ware, Tiffoney, Iredale)

Our first win at Tannadice in 40 years.

Iredale's goal.

http://youtu.be/5UNORQPG-ng

2007 - Cowdenbeath 1-1 Morton (McGowan)

2001 - Peterhead 4-1 Morton (Matheson)

Scottish Cup.

Another disgrace. Peterhead were in their first season in the Scottish League.

1990 - Morton 0-2 F*lk*rk

1974 - Raith Rovers 2-2 Morton (McIlmoyle, Anderson)

Scottish Cup.

Elsewhere, Partick were beating Ferranti Thistle 6-1. The latter would join the Scottish League at the end of the season, renaming themselves "Meadowbank Thistle".

1973 - Morton 1-2 Rangers (Gillies)

1968 - Morton 4-0 F*lk*rk (Mason 2, Bartram 2)

Scottish Cup. The draw gave us East Fife away.

1962 - Morton 1-3 Celtic (Turner)

Scottish Cup.

1951 - Morton 2-2 Cowdenbeath (Mochan, Garth)

Scottish Cup.

We're you watching a different match?

Buchanan.

Buchanan is a pain in the arse. Every time one of the other defenders looks to pass to him he just points up the park with no desire to take the ball.

Happy to stand there for a header or put in granted some decent tackles, but he is part of the problem that leads to the ball being fired forward to nowhere.

You're posting in the wrong thread mate.

Aww feck - bang goes half an hour.

Deleting and moving.

Edit - sorted. Apologies to all for that f**kup.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I assume JJ said in his interview that Tidser was carrying an injury - if not, WTF is he doing having him on the bench?  He should be on the pitch, and not playing as a defensive midfielder.  I've been prepared to give JJ a chance, but when he's making bad decisions like that every fecking week, it is clear that he is not the man for the job.  Utterly hopeless, and all we really have to concentrate on is not having the usual last quarter collapse.  A deeply disappointing season this has turned out to be.  A wasted opportunity to push for promotion.  Scunnered.I couldn't go on Saturday as I had coaching duties and it seems that the game I watched was far more entertaining than being at Cappielow - though could probably say the same for every game since the 5-1 v Partick.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Not to sound like yer da here, but why are we giving ohr players pizza? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/road-trip-mortons-story-not-13915778

Also, this writer thinks JJ “had a spring in his step” after that debacle.

I suspect JJ did have "a spring in his step"  he just conjured up a tactical masterstroke in holding Dunfermline to a 0-0 draw. The team celebrated with pizza. If we get a shot on target at the next home game, chips and curry sauce is the reward.

Dont know why the author thought we'd need some redemption after the loss to East Fife, they're a team at the top of their league and a really good team.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Not to sound like yer da here, but why are we giving ohr players pizza? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/road-trip-mortons-story-not-13915778

Also, this writer thinks JJ “had a spring in his step” after that debacle.

Why wouldn’t he?

Due to our investigative journalist, he found out his missus was having an affair, so he was obviously going out humping on Saturday night in retaliation.

Dont know why the author thought we'd need some redemption after the loss to East Fife, they're a team at the top of their league and a really good team.

Indeed, I was surprised we went with only the 5 at the back. League 1 sides travelling to Methil usually stick with the flat back 7. Hats off to JJ for having a proper go at them.

Archived