General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 13 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

- his greatness being above the gubbins nonsense level known as ‘international football’ for a start -

:lol: :lol:

If Brian Wake got a mere sniff of an international call-up he would have went running to whoever was daft enough to have considered him worthy of such an accolade.

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

And in other news -

It has to be noted that Aston Villa are now without a Jobber Manager as their latest Jobber - Steve Bruce - has left that position.

This would be an ideal position for a rent-a-jobber manager like Paul Lambert or Alex McLeish.... Oh wait.

*insert signature here*

If Brian Wake got a mere sniff of an international call-up he would have went running to whoever was daft enough to have considered him worthy of such an accolade.

You seem to be taking this effortless demonstration of James 'faddy' McFadden's irrelevance to Scottish football very badly indeed. That's a terrible, wee shame for you*.

Not really though. 

20110505210.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You seem to be taking this effortless demonstration of James 'faddy' McFadden's irrelevance to Scottish football very badly indeed. That's a terrible, wee shame for you*.

Not really though. 

20110505210.jpg

Too long, didn't read. 

20110505210.jpg

*insert signature here*

Watching Bordeaux vs. FC Nantes* on BT Sport just now, I'm surprised by just how empty the stadium seems to be. It's a near 40,000 capacity stadium and it looks only around a third full. Obviously I don't know as much about French Football as a statto like Trvmp, but I would have thought a game like that would have been a big clash between two middling clubs in a country where they've just won the World Cup. Obviously not.

Edit: *it's Bordeaux's home game.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

Watching Bordeaux vs. FC Nantes* on BT Sport just now, I'm surprised by just how empty the stadium seems to be. It's a near 40,000 capacity stadium and it looks only around a third full. Obviously I don't know as much about French Football as a statto like Trvmp, but I would have thought a game like that would have been a big clash between two middling clubs in a country where they've just won the World Cup. Obviously not.

Edit: *it's Bordeaux's home game.

Those cunts done me out of a substantial win from the bookies during the week. 

Liquidate them. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Outside of a few heartlands, France just isn't a football country. Marseille will always get good attendances, PSG will for as long as they're as good as they are now, but otherwise you're looking at just a few industrial centres providing decent figures. These include the north-east, particularly Lens, and St. Etienne. Clubs from properly big cities like Bordeaux and Toulouse get shameful attendances unless they're challenging for the title. Lyon have a new stadium bump but how long will that last if they go five more years without a title challenge?

And after tier 1 the attendances in France completely fall off a cliff. No club from outside the north-east breaks the five figures in Ligue 2 - only Lens, Metz, and Nancy get decent attendances. Former champions Auxerre get 7,000 on a good day. I would be very surprised if tier 3 had better figures than Scottish tier 2. Tiers 4 downwards are firmly into two-men-and-a-dug territory.

They just aren't really football people, and I think the fact that rugby has such a big regional following in the south might have something to do with it.

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Gazza's Hall of Fame nomination has been withdrawn via a quite awful statement from the SFA: https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1050434419704643589/photo/1

"Concerns over his health". Deary me. It's perfectly valid to cite the way he wasted his talent etc as a reason for not including him in the first place, but rescinding the nomination because of his current mental health? That's abhorrent by any measure. 

AWMSC

Unpopular opinion: I think a good 80% of the stuff that goes on in Scotland about mental health 'awareness' is embarrassing rubbish. But this statement, that pretty much says "aye he's mental so we don't want him at our knees-up" is appalling.

Unless they meant his physical health? But that would hardly make it better.

EOho8Pw.png

Unpopular opinion: I think a good 80% of the stuff that goes on in Scotland about mental health 'awareness' is embarrassing rubbish. But this statement, that pretty much says "aye he's mental so we don't want him at our knees-up" is appalling.

Unless they meant his physical health? But that would hardly make it better.

Paul Gascoigne could easily turn this in his favour by saying that whilst he was flattered that he was considered for a place in Scottish Football's Hall of Fame, he was never a big fan of the SFA for the way they treated him throughout his time in Scotland and they can take their worthless gong and ram it. He's not in the Welsh or Irish Halls of Fame, so why should he want to be in the Scottish one?

Sometimes you can turn a negative into a positive if you address it in the right manner. And when you are someone like him then you can tell a bunch of pompous twats to fuck off without giving it much thought.

*insert signature here*

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Sportscene at the moment, just noticed that Kilmarnock had more than 5,000 fans at Rugby Park yesterday. That's some increase on their previous crowds and it shows just how one positive managerial appointment can rejuvenate a club's fortunes. Steve Clark has been absolutely excellent so far. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Watching Sportscene at the moment, just noticed that Kilmarnock had more than 5,000 fans at Rugby Park yesterday. That's some increase on their previous crowds and it shows just how one positive managerial appointment can rejuvenate a club's fortunes. Steve Clark has been absolutely excellent so far.

The Harry Dunn's weren't playing yesterday either. That's a more likely reason for the increase in the crowd. We all know who they all really support down that way.

*insert signature here*

Another Edinburgh Derby, another 0-0 draw. It was a cracking watch, plenty of shenanigans and handbags. Hearts goalkeeper punches and Neil Lennon scudded with a coin after goading the natives. Quality. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!