Morton away vs. East Fife - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton away vs. East Fife

capitanus

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking to think that a manager who wins games gets more praise than one who doesn't.

not really when you think about it i was at the county game and said it was a shambels  but because we scrambled a win suddenly it was all gone to plan there's too many silly people  if you ask me 

not really when you think about it i was at the county game and said it was a shambels  but because we scrambled a win suddenly it was all gone to plan there's too many silly people  if you ask me

There certainly is that, Jay.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

not really when you think about it i was at the county game and said it was a shambels but because we scrambled a win suddenly it was all gone to plan there's too many silly people if you ask me

The recent home win? No shambles. Too passive first half, they didn’t create anything, and we deserved it on the second half.

County game was shocking, he fluked a result. Definitely not "gone to plan". Johansson is a terrible football manager as demonstrated in his performance in said role.

Definitely no fluke. People rightly asked if the same approach would work v Alloa but beating Ross County was no fluke.

County game was shocking, he fluked a result. Definitely not "gone to plan". Johansson is a terrible football manager as demonstrated in his performance in said role.

The first half was awful, it was 5 guys strung along the box and a mess in front of it with the ball endlessly getting lobbed over Telfer's head. There was no "association between the systems", to quote Kenny Shield, no movement off the ball, no attacking strategy: flinging bodies in the box isn't good tactics or organisation. You could stick a load of wheely bins in there and it'd be difficult to pass through, it's how you press the ball and counter-attack that matters. I simply reject the idea that putting bodies behind the ball and hoping for the best is the only way to deal with any team in this league. It isn't.

The second half was better by dint of Millar and Tidser getting a grip of the midfield, which only really serves to underline Johansson's incompetence seeing as he actively chooses to nullify their influence and didn't even start Tidser. If we had went in a couple of goals down at half-time, nobody could reasonably have said it was unfair.

AWMSC

Archived