Last Game For Hawke - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Game For Hawke

TRVMP

It'll be kind of an emotional day on Saturday, I'm sure. Both sets of fans will be singing their hearts out when Warren gets a run-on. But if we're going to make a push for Division 1, it might be the last game for some other guys as well... Any thoughts on who these people might be?

EOho8Pw.png

It will be Shaun Dillon's last game, I don't see him being offered a permanent contract.

If we can't get permanent deals on McLaughlin and McLaren, it'll be their last game's too.

I do think we have the base of a very good team, so don't see any of the regular first XI (loan signings excluded) saying farewell during the summer.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

It'll be kind of an emotional day on Saturday, I'm sure. Both sets of fans will be singing their hearts out when Warren gets a run-on. But if we're going to make a push for Division 1, it might be the last game for some other guys as well... Any thoughts on who these people might be?

246[/snapback]

John Maisano and Bannerman

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

I think we'll be saying goodbye to Dillon (thank goodness for that! :ph34r:), Maisano and maybe McLaughlin. Don't know about others like Adam, J Walker etc.

It has also occurred to me that Pee Wee is going to be out of contract. :unsure:

Rumours are abound over on 'unofficial' that Paul Walker has knocked back the offer of a new contract. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or a good thing yet.

As for Hawke, would've been nice for him to get a goal. I do, however, commend John's professionality in taking his second goal. The amount of people giving Maisano abuse for not passing the ball to Hawke is ludicrous.

I also thought that Bannerman acquitted himself quite well, considering his lack of match fitness. Does look like he is out the door this summer too.

Expect big changes over the summer months as far as the playing staff is concerned, hopefully all will help bring Morton back to the big time of Division One! :)

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

They sound like more than just rumousr to me. "lisa" on mortonunofficial is likely to actually be Paul :P

I think all three subs yesterday are on their way out, aye.

EOho8Pw.png

I also think it was a final hurrah for the three subs on Saturday - ironically, I thought the midfield looked a lot better when Bannerman and Maisano came on. Was surprised Jason Walker wasn't in the squad - does that indicate that he isn't going to extend his stay or was he left out to allow others to get a farewell appearance?

I also think it was a final hurrah for the three subs on Saturday - ironically, I thought the midfield looked a lot better when Bannerman and Maisano came on. Was surprised Jason Walker wasn't in the squad - does that indicate that he isn't going to extend his stay or was he left out to allow others to get a farewell appearance?

266[/snapback]

I doubt Greacen would agree with you about the midfield when scotty and John came on, he was absolutly raging at them for not tracking back! It was a kind of last appearance performance from a few players i.e. they couldn't be bothered defending!

Archived