The Beer Thread - Page 5 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Beer Thread

TheGoon

Their door policy is stinking as is the attitude of the pretentious staff. Good beer selection though.

There’s a door policy? :lol: Been 3 or 4 times on Friday/Saturday nights and never clocked a bouncer.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Tonofmemories clock a bouncer for being fucking scum?

No. Not so much bouncers, more just staff deciding and telling you what you've had to drink, or face not fitting their type.

Ive been in plenty, but ive also been knocked back with my finance too. I hate nothing more than a bouncer telling you what youve had to drink.

That's probably true of most glasgow boozers tbf.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

No. Not so much bouncers, more just staff deciding and telling you what you've had to drink, or face not fitting their type.

Ive been in plenty, but ive also been knocked back with my finance too. I hate nothing more than a bouncer telling you what youve had to drink.

That's probably true of most glasgow boozers tbf.

You're mental though, they probably had to call for reinforcement.

*insert signature here*

I'm a weirdo who prefers drinking at home but I've seen this happen and I've never understood it. Let's say you're working behind the bar and there's a guy who you reckon has had too much, and he's likely to become belligerent and unpredictable. Wouldn't you want to defuse the situation rather than rile him up? Yet I've seen this occur - and to be fair I've seen it more in the UK than here - where the staff go out of their way to be as passive-aggressive and snide as possible.

It's the equivalent of screaming "calm down you fucking idiot" at someone acting hysterically.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm a weirdo who prefers drinking at home

I'm like that nowadays and even when I go out I sometimes go to a pub where I know I wont bump into anyone as i enjoy my own company. I think it's an age thing.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'm like that nowadays and even when I go out I sometimes go to a pub where I know I wont bump into anyone as i enjoy my own company. I think it's an age thing.

I'm exactly the opposite, I only rarely drink at home (a friend gave me a 24 bottle crate of one of my favourite beers a couple of months ago and I think I've drunk maybe 6 of them) but I do go regularly a bar, at least once a week. So don't think it's an age thing.

I'm a weirdo who prefers drinking at home but I've seen this happen and I've never understood it. Let's say you're working behind the bar and there's a guy who you reckon has had too much, and he's likely to become belligerent and unpredictable. Wouldn't you want to defuse the situation rather than rile him up? Yet I've seen this occur - and to be fair I've seen it more in the UK than here - where the staff go out of their way to be as passive-aggressive and snide as possible.

It's the equivalent of screaming "calm down you fucking idiot" at someone acting hysterically.

This exactly. Nothing worse.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived