Team of the Decade - Attackers - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Team of the Decade - Attackers

Admin

TOTD  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Attackers

• Peter Weatherson
    • Brian Graham
    • Kevin Kelbie
    • Derek Lyle
    • Archie Campbell
    • Peter MacDonald
    • Colin 'Alan' McMenamin
    • Kabba-Modou Cham
    • Dougie Imrie
    • Stefan McCluskey
    • Declan McManus
    • Bobby Barr
    • Denny Johnstone
    • Paul McMullan
    • Jai Quitongo
    • Aidan Nesbitt
    • Gary Oliver
    • Kudus Oyenuga
    • Lawrence Shankland
    • Scott Tiffoney
    • Bob McHugh
    • Greg Kiltie
    • Nicky Cadden
    • Cameron Salkeld
    • John Sutton

I’d rather have Eddie Cairney in the best Morton team of the last decade than that twice mercenary snake McManus.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've changed my third vote to Kiltie, in part because he really was that good, and in part as a tactical vote to stop cheeky chappie Weatherson from getting an undeserved place in the team. People are judging him off his early years, not 2010-13.

EOho8Pw.png

Some clearly giving him plenty of credit for having a pretty good season in 2012/13 with goals and plenty of assists for Archie Campbell.

He was a big help in the early part of that season. He did indeed help Archie Campbell look like a player, which is no mean feat.

You wouldn't think it would be enough for a place in the team of the decade, but it's between that, a couple of months of Kiltie or Cadden, or a League One season from McManus.

He was a big help in the early part of that season. He did indeed help Archie Campbell look like a player, which is no mean feat.

You wouldn't think it would be enough for a place in the team of the decade, but it's between that, a couple of months of Kiltie or Cadden, or a League One season from McManus.

Weatherson did do really well in that season, the first part especially. His intelligent link up play made Campbell look like a decent player until his injury.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

If we're counting 2009-10as we did with McGuffie, Weatherson played 4 seasons this decade, scoring 38 goals. Given his impact on season 2012-13, one which is recognised as one of our best in the last 25 years, and given the absolute slim pickings elsewhere, he is worth a shout.

McManus in 2014-15 is acknowledged but that season really turned on the signings of Forbes, peaso and Caldwell.....and it was league 1.

McManus scored 11 goals in the final 12 games that season. He was absolutely key to winning promotion. As was the signing of Forbes and, to a slightly lesser extent, Peaso (not forgetting Gaston being a very good keeper at that level). Most of that team wasn't very good.

Caldwell made an impact, especially early on after joining, and also helped with the promotion push, but McManus (with 20 League goals that season) was the biggest factor. I'm not saying at all that we would have done it without those January signings, but I don't think we would have been anywhere near winning the league without McManus that season.

Imagine Peter fucking Weatherson gettinginto a Morton team of the 2010s and Ross Forbes not because of the technicality of ysing a 433 formation

Get this farce sorted

I think there does need to be an elimination round in this case, to determine the attacking formation and the 11th man resulting. It could be that Weatherson still wins, but Forbinho deserves the chance to go head-to-head.

EOho8Pw.png

The formation isn’t the issue here, it’s people voting for Weatherson as one the three best forwards of the decade when there are five options lightyears ahead of him and arguably he shouldn’t even be top 10.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The formation isn’t the issue here, it’s people voting for Weatherson as one the three best forwards of the decade when there are five options lightyears ahead of him and arguably he shouldn’t even be top 10.

The formation is indeed the issue because two complete jobber full backs are getting spots in this so-called ‘team of the decade’ as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The formation is indeed the issue because two complete jobber full backs are getting spots in this so-called ‘team of the decade’ as well.

Oh I agree with that, the defence should obviously be a back three. I was meaning in the context of attackers, as the current top three are all deserving of a place.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived