Morton v Dunfermline - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dunfermline

AyrshireTon

Quarter to two and people don’t know if the game is on or off after almost a day and a half of heavy to torrential rain.

Fuck me gently.

IF this game is on, the attendance will be severely reduced because of this whataboutery shite

What do you want them to do, use their crystal ball to tell how much more rain is going to fall and whether the pitch will handle it? There’s no definitive answer to those questions and so a final decision shouldn’t be made four hours in advance just for somebody’s convenience.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you want them to do, use their crystal ball to tell how much more rain is going to fall and whether the pitch will handle it? There’s no a definitive answer to those questions and so a final decision shouldn’t be made four hours in advance.

Yes it should. People can make alternative plans with their day then.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Yes it should. People can make alternative plans with their day then.

If people haven’t already factored in that a game of football in Scotland in January is likely to be in doubt then they haven’t been paying attention. It’s not an ideal scenario by any means but it happens at this time of year up and down the country: just blind second guessing what’s going to happen with the playing conditions and creating more shite midweek fixtures is a daft idea. We’d be playing every three days in April every season if we’re setting that benchmark.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What do you want them to do, use their crystal ball to tell how much more rain is going to fall and whether the pitch will handle it? There’s no a definitive answer to those questions and so a final decision shouldn’t be made four hours in advance.

The thing to do is to have arranged a pitch inspection in the morning and a decision made then.

If the pitch is deemed playable and things then get worse and the game is subsequently postponed, then at least the club has done all it can.

But to leave things so late in the day, with home and away fans traveling from distance, like the QoS fans a couple of weeks ago, to find the game off at late notice it is unacceptable.

The thing to do is to have arranged a pitch inspection in the morning and a decision made then.

If the pitch is deemed playable and things then get worse and the game is subsequently postponed, then at least the club has done all it can.

But to leave things so late in the day, with home and away fans traveling from distance, like the QoS fans a couple of weeks ago, to find the game off at late notice it is unacceptable.

There was no need for an inspection this morning (at least in the club’s opinion) as the pitch was playable - it’s kept raining since then (but not heavily) and so when the referee arrived he simply double checked it - without holding an actual inspection - and agreed that it’s fine. Holding some sham inspection at 11am to give it the all clear then would not have changed the ‘late notice’ here at all: in fact the referee can still call the game off right now if he wants, poor wee travelling support or not.

I’ve no idea why this absolutely routine scenario at a Scottish football game in January is being greeted with such hysterics tbh and the club - for a change - really hasn’t got anything wrong or confused the message.

Mon the rain.

Millar replaced by the reincarnation of Cafu.

Ryan Scully with the standard assist of being a fucking useless goalkeeper.

We've been good since the Dunfermline goal. Deserved to get in level. Players playing in correct positions bringing a more cohesive team. I for one am shocked.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived