Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 114 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewis Strapp trolling St Mirren there. Give him another contract extension...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Erm yes, because signing some ringer just for a laugh has worked out so well for us in the first half of the season (van Scheik, H; King, B.).

I’d like to see two additions in the transfer window - a central midfielder and centre forward - but as these are supposed to be upgrades to the first team rather than ‘let’s field eleven ringers for the League Cup’ squad filler I don’t see the point in rushing into a bad decision. I suspect we’ll end up only adding one player but so long as it is of the right calibre then we’ll do just fine with that.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm yes, because signing some ringer just for a laugh has worked out so well for us in the first half of the season (van Scheik, H; King, B.).

I’d like to see two additions in the transfer window - a central midfielder and centre forward - but as these are supposed to be upgrades to the first team rather than ‘let’s field eleven ringers for the League Cup’ squad filler I don’t see the point in rushing into a bad decision. I suspect we’ll end up only adding one player but so long as it is of the right calibre then we’ll do just fine with that.

He has had months to check on players and nearly 3/4 of January to get people in.

He has had months to check on players and nearly 3/4 of January to get people in.

Dylan Dykes was signed at the start of January last season; whereas Greg Kiltie’s move from Kilmarnock wasn’t completed until the 30th. Which transfer was a more significant (positive) contribution to the rest of that league campaign?

Be extremely specific.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

In fairness, he has already said that he expected to have to wait until later in the window when things start moving further up the food chain.

We didn't sign Kiltie until the 30th last January. Sometimes it's better to wait for targets that might become available later on, rather than settle for players who are bigger risks.

Dylan Dykes was signed at the start of January last season; whereas Greg Kiltie’s move from Kilmarnock wasn’t completed until the 30th. Which transfer was a more significant (positive) contribution to the rest of that league campaign?

Be extremely specific.

When did I mention Dylan Dykes or Greg Kiltie be specific.

When did I mention Dylan Dykes or Greg Kiltie be specific.

Your ‘point’ - and we’re using that word very loosely here - was that a manager has enough time and preparation to make his key signings in the first 3/4 of the January window. Two examples of key signings from last season’s window are of course Dylan Dykes (which took place under your terms) and Greg Kiltie (not at all). So the onus is on you to state i) which player was a better signing for the club and therefore ii) explain why the obvious answer to that question doesn’t smash your whining nonsense of an ‘argument’ - again used loosely - into smithereens.

Stating the obvious 👍.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived