Morton away vs. East Fife - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton away vs. East Fife

capitanus

probaly get shot down here but sure my Da said over 100000 when we played the rangers in a final

106,300 I think it was.  I was there.  Absolutely hated Rangers from that day onwards.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A side which is top of their league and is a match for anybody in our league".

They're 17 ****in points off Abroath. Piss off.

Why oh why do we keep picking such absolute fucking losers to manage this once-proud football club? Why do they constantly act as if they've been parachuted into managing mid-2000s East Stirling, or the international team of American Samoa, rather than a middling full-time professional football club with more than sufficient resources to do the job required of them?

Perhaps there should be a role play section in the interview process where candidates are asked to assess a cup tie against plucky minnows - if any of them starts making up utter bullshit to protect their position like this clown and Duffy did before him then they can be automatically removed from the process.

'Talks a good game' indeed. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The reason everyone was so optimistic at the start of the season was because Mckinnon was talking us up for once and being ambitious with our aspirations.

We've replaced him with a manager even worse than Duffy for talking us down, and it's only to cover his own failings.

I genuinely cannot think of one positive that he has brought to the club since he arrived, besides valuable exposure on Finnish television.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Why oh why do we keep picking such absolute ****ing losers to manage this once-proud football club? Why do they constantly act as if they've been parachuted into managing mid-2000s East Stirling, or the international team of American Samoa, rather than a middling full-time professional football club with more than sufficient resources to do the job required of them?

Perhaps there should be a role play section in the interview process where candidates are asked to assess a cup tie against plucky minnows - if any of them starts making up utter bulls*** to protect their position like this clown and Duffy did before him then they can be automatically removed from the process.

'Talks a good game' indeed. 

The reason everyone was so optimistic at the start of the season was because Mckinnon was talking us up for once and being ambitious with our aspirations.

We've replaced him with a manager even worse than Duffy for talking us down, and it's only to cover his own failings.

I genuinely cannot think of one positive that he has brought to the club since he arrived, besides valuable exposure on Finnish television.

I've probably laboured this point to death, but given that there were very loud alarm bells ringing by half-time in his first home match, I find it really hard to belief that Johansson turned in such an inspiring, visionary and confident performance in his interview that he managed to hide the fact that he appears to have absolutely none of the skills required to be a manager. 

It's fuckin grim, if you can't talk a good game before you play East fuckin Fife then there's no way you were doing it in your interview. Everything about Morton is fuckin boring these days, at least back when we were labouring about the Second Division there was a vague sense of "well, this is shite but it's going to get better". Now it's just "East Fife are a match from us and we need to sit in against Alloa". Says a lot about the board's mentality that this kind of shite keeps repeating every, single year.

Say what you will about McKinnon, but even with his awful attitude to cups, at least he wanted his team to go out and try to win a game and spoke about them like a serious force in the league. 

AWMSC

Go to around 4:25 and he talks about the reaction to the Alloa game, and his belief - after analyzing it with the players - that there was "fundamentally nothing wrong" with the game. So we were one OG away from a score draw with the mighty Alloa Athletic. Great!

EOho8Pw.png

Go to around 4:25 and he talks about the reaction to the Alloa game, and his belief - after analyzing it with the players - that there was "fundamentally nothing wrong" with the game. So we were one OG away from a score draw with the mighty Alloa Athletic. Great!

Yeah, it's all well and good for people to talk about him still being new to management and his results overall being standard mediocre mid-table form rather than being a total disaster, but it's little things like this adding up on top of the performances that indicate he's just clueless, rather than it being a case of a first time manager who will come good with time, who's learning on the job and showing signs of getting better.

I don't really care about interviews in general. We could have the most boring man alive speaking in a monotone with no enthusiasm about Morton and I wouldn't care if we were winning, just as I wouldn't care if we had a manager who jumped about ranting like a lunatic who was obviously really passionate about Morton if we were losing; results are what matter. I'm also aware that plenty of managers are clever enough to say entirely different things in interviews than they do to their players privately.

However, a comment like that is wild. If Jonatan Johansson genuinely believes that there was nothing wrong with our performance on Saturday - and I don't believe for a second that he's actually being savvy about this by defending the players publicly while criticising privately rather than genuinely thinking it - then he's clearly detached from reality. If he genuinely believes that we were just undone by one freakishly unlucky bad piece of defending and the game could have gone our way if it wasn't for that, what hope do we have?

If that's what he believes, it means he's blind to the fact that Alloa won the game because they absolutely dominated the second half, as a result of their manager changing their shape to exploit our weaknesses and take control of the midfield, all while he did nothing. Long after it had became apparent that an equaliser was a matter of time he changed nothing with Alloa not only dominating possession but getting acres of space as we sat deeper and deeper, he did nothing about it. Then when he did finally change something with reactive substitutions only after the equaliser, it only made us worse.

That's the failure that cost us three points, that's entirely down to his management and if he's either incapable of seeing that or deluding himself into believing something else, then how can we have any faith in him learning from it or doing something differently the next time we're in that position?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Love when I see dunning is the last person to post a comment as I know I've got 10 minutes of entertainment reading it.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Your ‘steve’ account was slightly less tedious IMO.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

dont want to hurt feelings but if we win nobody will give a tinker cuss about what JJ did or never said give the guy a break

after the county game everybdy was praising him ffs!

Were they? I thought most folk just gave him credit for finding a way to win a game of football but many remained unconvinced. To date, JJ has provided little evidence that he knows how to get the best out of the squad. Is JJ an upgrade on Duffy? The jury is out.

Were they? I thought most folk just gave him credit for finding a way to win a game of football but many remained unconvinced. To date, JJ has provided little evidence that he knows how to get the best out of the squad. Is JJ an upgrade on Duffy? The jury is out.

No it's not. Duffy is superior. He'd have had that defence organised for starters.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

praising or giving credit they werent rubishing  him were they - and now he can't do anything right but if we tank then tomorrow he'll be getting praised of given credit again

wait and see!

Love when I see dunning is the last person to post a comment as I know I've got 10 minutes of entertainment reading it.

Aye, I've been on an even bigger tl;dr spree than usual lately.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived