Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together

TheGoon

I like the idea and would definitely be willing to pledge a tenner a month to help the club, but the equity mentioned in the article is a complete joke. I can only guess that this valuation is based on the 2.5m that the raes have “invested”/squandered since taking over. If that’s what Crawford is wanting to sell the club for then I fear the worst.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea and would definitely be willing to pledge a tenner a month to help the club, but the equity mentioned in the article is a complete joke. I can only guess that this valuation is based on the 2.5m that the raes have “invested”/squandered since taking over. If that’s what Crawford is wanting to sell the club for then I fear the worst.

It's money that would be invested in the football side of things and at the same time having Rae formally write off the debt so it's not really a case of just buying shares.

Nobody should have any real issue with this tbh. Lets just back it and see where it takes us. We'll be no worse off at the end of it either way.

Aye, that's my opinion.

Said on the other thread but if 25% of shares sit outwith the Rae family, the debt is formally written off and there's 400k or spend on the football side of things there's not really a negative side.

If there's a huge amount of interest then there would be more influence at a board level and it would potentially attract other investors.

An investment vehicle that the Easdales can invest through? Especially given their predicament in govan

That's a good point too.

I read about Real Oviedo and how Real Madrid invested 100k in a scheme to save them so it's an interesting ideal.

£400,000 over two years requires 1,667 fans to sign up. Seems ambitious to say the least.

At a tenner a head perhaps?

I've already pledged more than that and i presume lots more will too. That reduces the number of folk required.

Wish folk would stop trying to be accountants before the things is even off the ground and just back it and see where it takes us. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Its that simple. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

No it doesn't ffs. Stop taking some tit on pie and bovril as the Oracle.

Yes it does. That's relying on around 80-100% of our match attending support to contribute. Hearts have 8,000, around 50%. Motherwell got 1,000 when there's launched. St Mirren got 1,300.

I've not even been on Pie and Bovril you melt, simple mathematics will tell you it's ambitious :lol:

Archived