New Away Kit Vote - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Away Kit Vote

Scott

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just commend Thistle for being so stunning and brave as to produce this kit? I mean, what bravery, to wait until 2019 to do this - just when there's absolutely nothing at stake. Brave. Brave as fuck. Beautiful bravery.

EOho8Pw.png

Can I just commend Thistle for being so stunning and brave as to produce this kit? I mean, what bravery, to wait until 2019 to do this - just when there's absolutely nothing at stake. Brave. Brave as fuck. Beautiful bravery.

They’re so ruddy bloody brave. I love brave people. Sir Donald Campbell. Evil Knievel. Braveheart… And, of course, Thistle, Patrick.

They’re so ruddy bloody brave. I love brave people. Sir Donald Campbell. Evil Knievel. Braveheart… And, of course, Thistle, Patrick.

Room for a brave one?

EOho8Pw.png

Where is Rainbowlaces Dave nowadays?

I actually miss his posts. He was arguing for greater acceptance in football for years, well before it was a "safe" opinion to commit oneself to and certainly long before greasy little outfits like "Partick" figured out it was a way to get some cheap publicity. (Venture capital sponsors were so 2017 - in 2019 the money is in pinkwashing.) But to answer the question, he will soon be traipsing around a bunch of Northern Premier League grounds after FCUM's hilarious relegation.

EOho8Pw.png

In all honesty, I miss his posts too. One of the things about him in his favour - he was one of the very few capable of thinking for himself, he never had the 'follow the herd' mentality that so many others amongst our support sadly have.

He was into all of this modern man bollocks long before it became trendy. Fair play to him.

*insert signature here*

I can't speak for the guy, but I wonder if there's a hint of "be careful what you wish for" in all of this. I'm seeing it here among some of my friends. It's Pride Month here - and yes, grim observance is required for the whole month, like Greek widowhood with more colorful garb. The Culture War is over, and those of us who believe in equality are the victors. So, we get what we wanted - and we get it good and hard. Rainbow flags on every corner, on every store, and every Twitter account in the land both pays and seeks tribute. "Allied Soils Consolidated is happy to present Pride Month Premium - save 5% on all bulk purchases if you post your Out'n'Proud selfie with the hash tag #loveisloam!" Sip your special Pride Month Bud Light and watch ESPN with everyone else, as long as you're subscribed and tweeting.

So yeah, the war is over, but all we get now is vulture capitalists blackening the sun like passenger pigeons to peck at the remains. Worth it? To be pandered to and above all sold to like everyone else? Yeah, I guess so. Enjoy being just another marketable demographic.

Still, in fairness it probably does beat not having marriage rights and being battered in certain situations, right enough.

EOho8Pw.png

I can't speak for the guy, but I wonder if there's a hint of "be careful what you wish for" in all of this. I'm seeing it here among some of my friends. It's Pride Month here - and yes, grim observance is required for the whole month, like Greek widowhood with more colorful garb. The Culture War is over, and those of us who believe in equality are the victors. So, we get what we wanted - and we get it good and hard. Rainbow flags on every corner, on every store, and every Twitter account in the land both pays and seeks tribute. "Allied Soils Consolidated is happy to present Pride Month Premium - save 5% on all bulk purchases if you post your Out'n'Proud selfie with the hash tag #loveisloam!" Sip your special Pride Month Bud Light and watch ESPN with everyone else, as long as you're subscribed and tweeting.

So yeah, the war is over, but all we get now is vulture capitalists blackening the sun like passenger pigeons to peck at the remains. Worth it? To be pandered to and above all sold to like everyone else? Yeah, I guess so. Enjoy being just another marketable demographic.

Still, in fairness it probably does beat not having marriage rights and being battered in certain situations, right enough.

Alan’s hot topic!

Tl;dr - Red Flags > Rainbow Flags?

Archived