Dundee United Vs Morton - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee United Vs Morton

BishopBrennan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a frustrating result, especially as we defended very well. I'd need another look at the goal, but it looked like someone just switched off and was punished for it. First half we competed well, we were the better team up until the penalty and then were quite happy to let Dundee United have the ball as we weren't getting carved open by them. Obviously Johnstone's miss at the end of the first half was a crucial moment, and we could quite easily have went on to win 3 or 4 nil if that had went in. It would have gave us even more opportunity to sit in and pick them off. 

While we were too deep for my liking in the second half, I thought going a back five worked well. Waddell won a few good headers and looked comfortable. We bemoaned Duffy for being far too reactive with his substitutions so I'm happy to see us being proactive in that respect. While I don't think 4-4-2 will get the best out of this squad, the performance was excellent barring a sloppy goal in the dying seconds. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Got to say McKeown has impressed me.

Same, thought he was really good on Saturday & Denny bossed their backline all game & apart from his glaring 1v1 miss, thought he had a good game as well. Still not 100% convinced with Buchanan as yet, what does everyone else think about him?

Just before Denny missed that 1v1 chance, DU should have equalised with a header from point blank range, looked a good reaction save from Scully, but was right at him & the guy should defo have scored.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

It's pretty good but 8 quid is steep IMO. The only negative is that the audio is a half-second ahead of the image, so you can hear if a shot went in just as it's taken.

I've always wondered how cost effective these types of thing are, £8ish seems to be the going rate. I'm assuming they had commentary etc?

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I've always wondered how cost effective these types of thing are, £8ish seems to be the going rate. I'm assuming they had commentary etc?

Yes, two guys commentating, obviously United-focused but not ridiculously biased. On-screen display of the score etc.

EOho8Pw.png

Same, thought he was really good on Saturday & Denny bossed their backline all game & apart from his glaring 1v1 miss, thought he had a good game as well. Still not 100% convinced with Buchanan as yet, what does everyone else think about him?

Just before Denny missed that 1v1 chance, DU should have equalised with a header from point blank range, looked a good reaction save from Scully, but was right at him & the guy should defo have scored.

I think Buchannan is alright, better than Kilday but not totally sold yet.

I’d assume the new manager didn’t want to rock the boat with the selection today but surely McHugh will be punted to the bench where he belongs before long. It’s quite obvious that the team would do better with a genuine supporting player near Johnstone instead of a poacher who is a passenger outside the opponents’ penalty box.

Is Gary Oliver injured?

I'd like to see him up top with Denny the next time we play with 2 up front.

It was reported in the team news before the game that Thomson and Bell were our only injuries, so was surprised he wasn't on the bench at least.

Anyone heard?

Is Gary Oliver injured?

I'd like to see him up top with Denny the next time we play with 2 up front.

It was reported in the team news before the game that Thomson and Bell were our only injuries, so was surprised he wasn't on the bench at least.

Anyone heard?

From the Morton twitter on Saturday

1f915.png | Gary Oliver misses out following a late fitness test after suffering a hamstring injury at training.

I thought at the time it was McHugh that didn’t get across to close down Fyvie, but watching it back Tiffony is jogging about like a wee boy lost. Get him out the club.

Shocking lack of attempt by Tiffoney for their goal. The sooner he’s away back to Livi the better tbh. The required effort and ability is not there unfortunately. His snakeness has been firmly overshadowed by King Snakes behaviour recently.

Hopefully JJ bins him. Would rather have a Purdue or the likes to come on instead.

Shocking lack of attempt by Tiffoney for their goal. The sooner he’s away back to Livi the better tbh. The required effort and ability is not there unfortunately. His snakeness has been firmly overshadowed by King Snakes behaviour recently.

Hopefully JJ bins him. Would rather have a Purdue or the likes to come on instead.

Would rather we weren't choosing between a sand-dancer or untested youths to try and turn the game for us tbh. 

I am a little more assured that the team is in decent hands after listening to JJ's interview after the match. You can argue about whether changing to a 3-5-2 worked in this specific game itself. In general,  it's a more logical fit given our teams strength in central areas and lack of good options out wide IMO. What is important is that we have a manager who clearly thinks about that aspect of the game and is then willing to make proactive decisions based on how the game is progressing; it's what we badly lacked throughout last season and was the one attribute that I feared we'd be losing with King Snake's departure.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tiffoney should be allowed to leave, for his own sake. Nobody wants him at Cappielow, he's not a great player... and he's going to get pelters every time he makes a mistake (like he undoubtedly did on Saturday, by totally switching off at the most important point of the game).

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Archived