Falkirk v Morton 20/04/19 - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Falkirk v Morton 20/04/19

BishyTON

In his first spell with is, one of his best attributes was his late runs into the box. To this day I watch top level players do the same thing and if still reminds of Millar doing it.

He's a great player, he's had the best career of any player that's left us in years and he's mostly been one of our best all season. His ability read the game, to win and recycle possession and always be available for a pass is exceptional. If you think all he does is pass the ball sideways, you're flat out ignorant.

I didn’t say that’s “all he does”, nor did I intend to criticise Chris Millar. I was simply pointing out that the main part of his game is keeping possession and minimising the risk of losing possession, which can often mean having to go sideways or backwards to recycle the ball. I accept the reference to Xavi. Most of the top teams recycle the ball nowadays to retain possession, though as I said it’s not my favourite style of play. I felt the poster was implying this style was new to Chris Millar, perhaps due to him being older. My main point was that his priority has always been to keep possession for his side, which of course is a good attribute to have regardless of whether I enjoy watching it or not!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived