ton v inverness - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v inverness

beetee

Millar is past it. He should be nowhere near the team. For weeks now he’s been getting caught in possession or misplacing passes, often underhitting them. A disasterous signing, imo.

If Millar is a disaster then what are the rest of the signings?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think all four goals were poorly defended, tbh, with the possible exception of Lyon's (which was a superb hit.)

Not hugely important but Tidser's body language looked fine to me. I have no worries about his professionalism.

EOho8Pw.png

There are three midfielders alongside when you're going forward as well as two forwards to aim for - the reason why Iredale regularly failed to find them last night is because he was gubbins once again. Even Tumily has been playing better than him in the same role for weeks. If it weren't for his goal at Tannadice last season and the bizarre cult that briefly attached to him then he'd be getting hounded right now.

Iredale had a superb game last night. Stop talking shite. Gave their full back an absolutely torrid time and got through a power of work. Distribution clearly a weak aspect of his play but that'll come with time. He was gliding past players with ease.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'm by no means a big fan of the guy but some of the crap being spouted about certain players performances last night beggars belief.

I heard a few shouts of things like " look interested" etc last night when the players were giving absolutely everything from the first to last minute.

Some of our fans get the morton they deserve.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I heard a few shouts of things like " look interested" etc last night when the players were giving absolutely everything from the first to last minute.

Exactly. They ran themselves into the ground. Only qualm I had was with the moronic subs and where that level of commitment has been in previous weeks.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Millar was brought on to be an experienced head and try and have us keep better possession and try get a foothold in the game again. He played a simple pass in to Dallas' feet that should have allowed us to keep possession while getting the team up the pitch.

If Dallas hadn't come on and we still had Kiltie or Oliver up front there's not a chance they would have tried to run in behind in that moment, and would have put their back in to the defender to hold them off and helped us keep the ball like they had been doing all game, so I disagree that it was the wrong pass to make.

I don't particularly blame Dallas either, it's just one of those misunderstandings that happen on a football pitch.

Millar's attempted pass last night was woeful. Without having seen it again in any highlights, he seemed to completely miss-hit it... it was like a fluffed pass straight to their defender, maybe he was off balance? Can't defend what was simply a terrible pass... guess these things happen, but it cost us the win.

Hopefully we go with the same starting 11 on Saturday as we had last night.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I was standing in a different place last night and heard the 'screechy guy' that has been mentioned on here... wouldn't be able to stand near him game after game! 

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Iredale had a superb game last night. Stop talking s***e. Gave their full back an absolutely torrid time and got through a power of work. Distribution clearly a weak aspect of his play but that'll come with time. He was gliding past players with ease.

People said something very similar about Mark Russell - it didn't though, so now he's beneath Caolan McAleer in the pecking order at a pub team. I'm not writing Iredale off but in the here and now his distribution has been piss-poor far too often and he's not very good defensively either. He's far from the only player to have taken a step backwards this season but it doesn't make him immune to the same criticism that every other player has - rightly - received. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

In fairness to Mark "Mark" Russell, he did play the full ninety on Saturday as Finn Harps fell 1-0 to noted chancers 'Bohemians' at Finn Park. UCD managed a narrow win at home to Cork City, leaving Harps MAROONED at the foot of the table on a mere 2 points, eight behind ninth place. Sad!

EOho8Pw.png

Archived