ton v alloa - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v alloa

beetee

For all Alloa have struggled in midweek games all season, Goodwin has tactically schooled Johansson twice already this season. They can defend deep when they have to and they're also decent enough at pressing the ball, case in point being the 2-0 defeat at Cappielow earlier in the season. 

A combination of Goodwin being better tactically than Johansson and our less than impressive record in matches where we are expected to win, makes me very uneasy about tomorrow. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll never be in the position of wanting us to lose a game, but there is at the very least an upside if we fail to turn up yet again tomorrow.

While being able to continue dishing out houndings also.

Win win.

Yes, I for one can’t wait for the delirious scenes of ‘securing safety’ any longer. And thereby helping the likes of Grangemouth and Partick to get out of jail and easily roll over our Johansson/Dykes Dream Team next time round as if their current plight had never happened, while we imitate our 2013-14 campaign instead. Sounds like a great prospect, can’t wait until the (non-discounted) season tickets go on sale!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I would like the team to secure safety but that is still likely to happen regardless of the outcome of this not-even-remotely 'must win' fixture. We have another four league games after this one and a favourable run-in. But mere survival is only going to prove worthwhile to anyone other than Iron Man so long as the division next season is stacked with part-time dross. So plucky Alloa staying in the division is also good news for GMFC in a way that Partick or Falkirk avoiding the plunge really, really is not. So if our standard TTGJ incompetence is going to lead to a share of the spoils or another away win this evening, I'm not going to be too devastated by that outcome. 

Morton being in a position to send Falkirk several points adrift at the bottom and racing certainties for relegation on our visit to Grangemouth in eleven days' time is the ideal scenario here. Which would also be the only true 'must-win' contest in this entire, shan run-in. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I would like the team to secure safety but that is still likely to happen regardless of the outcome of this not-even-remotely 'must win' fixture. We have another four league games after this one and a favourable run-in. But mere survival is only going to prove worthwhile to anyone other than Iron Man so long as the division next season is stacked with part-time dross. So plucky Alloa staying in the division is also good news for GMFC in a way that Partick or Falkirk avoiding the plunge really, really is not. So if our standard TTGJ incompetence is going to lead to a share of the spoils or another away win this evening, I'm not going to be too devastated by that outcome. 

Morton being in a position to send Falkirk several points adrift at the bottom and racing certainties for relegation on our visit to Grangemouth in eleven days' time is the ideal scenario here. Which would also be the only true 'must-win' contest in this entire, shan run-in. 

vt for ceo lol

Take your point about the ideal scenario, but i'd much rather we got the business done early. Relative terms of course, given we haven't been doing it all season,

2 of the those 4 league games are away from home. 1 against a team higher in the league than ourselves and the other against the snakes 11 who will be fighting for their survival. 

Beating Alloa is imperative. I'd rather not be going to Falkirk and Dunfermline respectively needing a victory. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Take your point about the ideal scenario, but i'd much rather we got the business done early. Relative terms of course, given we haven't been doing it all season,

2 of the those 4 league games are away from home. 1 against a team higher in the league than ourselves and the other against the snakes 11 who will be fighting for their survival. 

Beating Alloa is imperative. I'd rather not be going to Falkirk and Dunfermline respectively needing a victo

only a fud cuold think different lol

Take your point about the ideal scenario, but i'd much rather we got the business done early.

We won't have 'got the business done' by winning this evening. The 'business' this season was to challenge for the promotion play-offs this season and to have a couple of decent cup runs as well: the club has already spectacularly failed on every single front. The only thing that can be 'achieved' this evening is an earlier sense of relief for those who really care about our (not that relevant) league status right now, rather than having to wet their knickers about it for another few weeks. 

Beating Alloa is imperative. I'd rather not be going to Falkirk and Dunfermline respectively needing a victory. 

We've just taken two points from two away games; and how exactly did King Snake's eleven get on in their big 'fight for survival' home match at the weekend? If people still don't think that we'll take the bare handful of points required under just about any set of circumstances from here then they're deluded, quite frankly. 

Given Goodwin has schooled us on more than one occasion, and with the games fast running out, i would suggest that tonight is indeed massive and a must win.

I admire you're cool approach to all things survival, but i'd much rather we made moves to make it a little more comfortable if that's such a thing. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Given Goodwin has schooled us on more than one occasion, and with the games fast running out, i would suggest that tonight is indeed massive and a must win.

I admire you're cool approach to all things survival, but i'd much rather we made moves to make it a little more comfortable if that's such a thing. 

fact based analysys if you ask me lol

How do Goodwin's prior results against Morton make this evening's game any more or less important? Are we now going to get points deducted for losing to them again or something?  

There are 15 points to play for and barely four or five from any of the remaining fixtures will likely be enough to secure the delights of 'sustainability' in the Championship next season. That being the case, none of the games are 'must-win' fixtures in terms of our league status: Grangemouth away on the other hand is a definite must-win in terms of burying those ****ing snakes.  

It seems to me that some Morton fans have been playing up the 'risk' of relegation for weeks now, if for no other reason than to convince themselves to keep traipsing to the games on a regular basis. It doesn't make that outcome any more likely to happen though.  

Apathy.

I'm not even sure that if relegation did transpire it would be met with the anger it deserves but more a roll of the eyes and a 'serves them right'.

At this stage, couldn't give a fuck about Morton's league status next season when we are likely to be on a hiding to nothing.

Another holocaust season in the Championship or maybe win a few games in League 1, if anyone bothers to go.

Archived