Inverness v Morton - match thread - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Inverness v Morton - match thread

TRVMP

Orsi off for McLean

I'm seldom a fan of seeing games out this way, but I think Hopkin has earned a bit of faith.

We seem to be coming back into games now. Very encouraging.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seldom a fan of seeing games out this way, but I think Hopkin has earned a bit of faith.

It's a bit strange. The changes he has now made are changes that were obvious from a long time ago. However it's hard to argue with the recent results so fair play to him.

We seem to be coming back into games now. Very encouraging.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Another game another 3 goals conceded. Good run or not the goals against column is a joke.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Another goal lost in added time when we are on the back foot.

You dont want to be to harsh considering the run we are on but thays 3 times since the turn of the year we have dropped points in added time.

I still dont think we are out of the woods in regards to relegation the table paints an okay picture but some teams have 2 or 3 games in hand and are only 1 or 2 points behind us. Sure they will mostly be playing each other but one or 2 bad set of results will see us back in there.

With Arbroath having 3 games in hand over this it makes this Saturday a must win game we then need to make sure we take something off UTD at home like other teams are doing at the moment.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Another game another 3 goals conceded. Good run or not the goals against column is a joke.

This is hindsight talking but I don't like sitting back in general at this level of football, and to do so when you've already conceded twice is usually asking for trouble. At this level few teams have the talent or organizational ability to really sit deep, and we absolutely don't have those things. It's really asking for trouble.

Maybe it's too simplistic a way of looking at it, but if you've scored twice and conceded twice, that shows you're doing alright up front and doing fairly poorly at the back. So the safer option would be to play responsibly, not defensively, and to continue to take attacking chances when they prevent themselves. In that way you hopefully keep the ball out of your final third sufficiently.

EOho8Pw.png

This is hindsight talking but I don't like sitting back in general at this level of football, and to do so when you've already conceded twice is usually asking for trouble. At this level few teams have the talent or organizational ability to really sit deep, and we absolutely don't have those things. It's really asking for trouble.

Maybe it's too simplistic a way of looking at it, but if you've scored twice and conceded twice, that shows you're doing alright up front and doing fairly poorly at the back. So the safer option would be to play responsibly, not defensively, and to continue to take attacking chances when they prevent themselves. In that way you hopefully keep the ball out of your final third sufficiently.

Well the results speak for themselves. It doesn't work. The same tactics invariably fail and we lose points.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived