Who would you keep from current squad for next season? - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who would you keep from current squad for next season?

74GMFC

The only players who should be kept on for next season are those who are either i) clearly good enough to merit a first team place for play-off challenging side or ii) younger players on the fringes of the first team who could improve to the desired level but would offer cheap squad depth regardless. Disregarding a player or two who might have been handed a two year deal in the summer anyway, this means:

Pearson

Iredale

Strapp

Millar

McAlister (appears to have triggered an extension clause anyway)

Tidser

The jury is still out on Dykes and Telfer: I see little in Dykes other than running around a lot so far; Telfer shows flashes of quality but - story of his career to date - he has drifted out of games too often. Both have until May to earn a deal; right now both should be released. Given his injury and performances that haven't been good enough over the season I'd let Kilday go right now as well, but it's not impossible that he plays his way back into the reckoning. That donkey Buchanan on the other hand needs to go. If Johnstone somehow pops up in the net few weeks and starts banging them in again then we can have that discussion, but as it stands we need to avoid incurring any more losses on him. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived