Morton Q+A at The Beacon - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Q+A at The Beacon

Yeah yeah, and Jamie Vardy came from Stocksbridge Park. But for every one player like that, there's literally thousands who are at that level for a reason (e.g. Sam Ramsbottom.)

If your job is literally to train goalkeepers and also to scout talent, it's really not unreasonable to expect that you can spot one who's capable of holding onto a football.

There is a possibility that he was brought in as a number two. The benefit for the coaching staff being they knew exactly what they were getting (possibly on a low wage), and the player has the advantage of knowing the coaching staff before he relocates for at least a year. So aye, perhaps there is an aspect of nepotism involved in the signing.

Speaking of Easdale Jnr, capitanus, i watched him for the reserves yesterday and he is absolutely HONKING.

They done a warm up drill - crossing and finishing from 6 years or so out, with no keeper, and he missed just about every single one. Looked like he didnt want to be there and in the game itself he'd have been as well not there.

Hes bad beyond belief

I've probably watched the Reserves a dozen times over the last two seasons. Every time I've watched him he's looked woefully out his depth and contributed nothing to the team. I actually feel sorry for the guy. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Easdale Jnr, capitanus, i watched him for the reserves yesterday and he is absolutely HONKING.

They done a warm up drill - crossing and finishing from 6 years or so out, with no keeper, and he missed just about every single one. Looked like he didnt want to be there and in the game itself he'd have been as well not there.

Hes bad beyond belief

There is a possibility that he was brought in as a number two. The benefit for the coaching staff being they knew exactly what they were getting (possibly on a low wage), and the player has the advantage of knowing the coaching staff before he relocates for at least a year. So aye, perhaps there is an aspect of nepotism involved in the signing.

I've probably watched the Reserves a dozen times over the last two seasons. Every time I've watched him he's looked woefully out his depth and contributed nothing to the team. I actually feel sorry for the guy.

I would reserve my sympathy for someone a bit more deserving than someone other than 'Zander' Easdale, whom you can bet will NOT be dumped on the footballing scrapheap, unlike dozens of other local youngsters.

*insert signature here*

Carpet in a gym isn't weird at all.

It is where I live. My 'main' gym doesn't have any carpet, even in the reception area - only in the office area. I've been to probably 10 locations nationwide in its chain, and while my memory could be faulty, I don't think any of these other branches have it either. The weight/treadmill floor is, I guess, some kind of rubber.

EOho8Pw.png

So what's your experience of carpets in gyms?

I'd never really looked until I read this thread this morning. My gym has shock absorbent carpets under the treadmills and in the free weight area, the rest of it is lino. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived