ton v inverness - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v inverness

beetee

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jist over twenty four hours an we need to win it

decided am going

We don't 'need' to win 'it'. We do need to win A game though, nothing has changed from that.

Win on Tuesday and Saturday then has less pressure and can be a don't lose instead of the actual must win it will be if we fail tomorrow.

Basic goalkeeping stats can often be misleading, but the very basic stats go along with my impression of the season so far - we're stronger with Gaston in goals. 

McCrorie:

11 starts, 0.72 points per game, 1.27 goals conceded per game.

Scully:

11 starts, 1.18 points per game, 1.73 goals conceded per game.

Gaston:

10 starts, 1.50 points per game, 1.1 goals conceded per game. 

Gaston's distribution had improved this season, so had the command of his box (he had an excellent, commanding performance against Ross County in his last match). It hasn't been flawless, but he has had the best influence on the team of the three 'keepers this season IMO. I'm not at all saying that the stats prove it, but I'm not surprised by them. I think he should be back in goals for this one. 

I was discussing the above at the Alloa game. We are a better team with Gaston in goal... and above are the stats that prove it.

McCrorie is a decent keeper but, of all the positions, you don't want an inexperienced boy in goal when a team is really struggling. Another bad call by JJ - I just can't imagine us having had such a bad run if Gaston had been in goal in recent months.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I was discussing the above at the Alloa game. We are a better team with Gaston in goal... and above are the stats that prove it.

McCrorie is a decent keeper but, of all the positions, you don't want an inexperienced boy in goal when a team is really struggling. Another bad call by JJ - I just can't imagine us having had such a bad run if Gaston had been in goal in recent months.

You obviously haven't been watching us play.

Mark Ridgers Inverness Goalkeeper misses the Game with a dislocated finger from Saturday Tramarco a major doubt also playing a Young Keeper Cammy Mckay... & Have a few other doubts also..

Going by Morton's recent form, it doesn't really matter who the opposition have in goal... we very rarely have any shots on target!

Thinking back to the start of the season when I was criticising Gary Oliver as being nowhere near good enough, due to his terrible goal scoring record, and quite a number of people on here said I knew nothing.... and that he was a player.

Ehm... ok.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

You obviously haven't been watching us play.

Have seen most home games, saw the howler from McCrorie last week... and I absolutely think we'd have picked up more points if Gaston had been in goal. Could hardly have picked up any less!

McCrorie looked good when he arrived, but the last couple of times I've seen him he hasn't impressed at all.

It wasn't the best of punches but it still finished 40 yards from goal with 6 defenders between it and the goal.

Think you're on a loser if you're trying to defend McCrorie's effort at that goal... terrible keeping.

Not really trying to defend him, just that there were other guilty parties involved too, not just him.

All the people i was with immediately questioned the defenders as the ball went far enough away that they had time to react.

It wasn't the best of punches but it still finished 40 yards from goal with 6 defenders between it and the goal.

Sure, and I don't think he was 100% to blame either. But it was shan. Steven Hawking would have got more air on it.

EOho8Pw.png

The keeper was sold up the river by the shambolic defending in front of him.

I’m really hoping not to have one particularly shrill and incessant voice near me on Tuesday, haranguing the chosen object of their ire in Charlie Telfer. Honestly, this guy was blaming Telfer for just about everything against Alloa, even when the play was nowhere near him. At 1-1 I got the impression he was actually eager for us to go behind, allowing him to unleash his full array of sh^+€ screeching patter. He was the same towards the end of Duffy’s time (when he was repeatedly told ‘shut it ya wee pri€k’ by several people around him). Not a peep out of him in support at games when we play well and get results, but the full shebang as soon as things take a downturn. I’m not advocating for a ‘happy-clappy’ response to the current situation, but this guy was being a serious pain in the ar$€.

It’s a bit of a pity i’m such an obstinate miserablist myself, otherwise I could have just moved out of earshot.

I’m really hoping not to have one particularly shrill and incessant voice near me on Tuesday, haranguing the chosen object of their ire in Charlie Telfer. Honestly, this guy was blaming Telfer for just about everything against Alloa, even when the play was nowhere near him. At 1-1 I got the impression he was actually eager for us to go behind, allowing him to unleash his full array of sh^+€ screeching patter. He was the same towards the end of Duffy’s time (when he was repeatedly told ‘shut it ya wee pri€k’ by several people around him). Not a peep out of him in support at games when we play well and get results, but the full shebang as soon as things take a downturn. I’m not advocating for a ‘happy-clappy’ response to the current situation, but this guy was being a serious pain in the ar$€.

It’s a bit of a pity i’m such an obstinate miserablist myself, otherwise I could have just moved out of earshot.

The above could be said of a large part of the cowshed

The first bad touch from one of our players tonight and the boos will start ringing

Agreed, I’ve got one of those behind me as well. I recall him complaining after we scored, because, in his world, the ball should have been put into the other corner of the goal!

Archived