Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 71 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McFarlane was alright if a bit old, if memory serves, and we got one really good season from McLaughlin after which his legs went. Wright was rotten apart from one goal, and the Youngs were bawbags. Seen to remember one of them being a bit better than the other, possibly Derek. Was it Darren who admitted to chucking it for the last few games of a season?

McFarlane was crap. No pace no skill offfered nothing

Not current Championship but i saw yesterday that James McCarthy has turned 30, which just makes me feel so old. Can't believe that was 12/13 years ago he was breaking in to the Hamilton first team in the first division, yet at the same time he actually made his debut the same season that Gretna got promoted, which feels like forever ago to me.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Not current Championship but i saw yesterday that James McCarthy has turned 30, which just makes me feel so old. Can't believe that was 12/13 years ago he was breaking in to the Hamilton first team in the first division, yet at the same time he actually made his debut the same season that Gretna got promoted, which feels like forever ago to me.

30th injury maybe but he’s only 28. :D

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

30th injury maybe but he’s only 28. :D

My hangover must have been worse than I thought yesterday.

Edit: his birthday is in November as well so I for sure had a drunken/hungover dream or something.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

What set of results need to happen for Falkirk to be relegated on Saturday? They're going to Dundee Utd with Rudden suspended!

Looks like we’ll need Queen of the South to pick up something on Friday night, along with Partick winning one of or drawing both of their games against Ayr and Alloa taking something from Inverness. I think it’s unlikely to happen this weekend, but it will happen.

Edit: Along with a United win.

What set of results need to happen for Falkirk to be relegated on Saturday? They're going to Dundee Utd with Rudden suspended!

If Partick win tonight or on Saturday (or draw both) and Alloa and Queens pick up a point then a defeat would put Falkirk down.

QotS' Goal Difference is 11 better than Falkirk's so even if they get beat on Friday by County (which we should hope they do) then a point for Alloa and 2/3 for Thistle would pretty much seal it.

I can't make our game on Saturday as I don't finish work until 2 so going to go to Tannadice instead and hopefully watch the rat relegated

They’re going anyway, so I’m more concerned with results this week making us mathematically safe from 9th before the last game rather than confirming their relegation. A defeat for Queens on Friday and Partick failing to win either game v Ayr would mean we’re 8th at worst even if we lose twice, assuming Falkirk don’t win obviously.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

No reason to back this up, but I’ve still got a sneaky feeling that the **** will stay up. United are resigned to the play offs, and County will be in party mode.

Hope I’m wrong.

Utd are hitting form before the playoffs and will be keen to take that momentum forward. Every player is playing for a position in the team and I don't see Neilson making any big changes for this game (or the one at Cappielow although that is slightly more likely).

If they lose on Saturday then it night not matter what happens vs County but every player in that County team is playing for a chance to get a Premiership contract. I don't see there being any quarter given.

Can see DU playing a strong team against Falkirk as it will still be 2 1/2 weeks before their first playoff game!

When they play us, its down to 10 days so can see RN resting a few keys players to avoid suspensions, injuries etc. Last thing he will want is us needing a point/win to stay up as it could turn into a bit of a battle and there comes the risk of strong challenges, bookings, injuries etc etc. A manager who needs promotion isn't going to risk that happening!

If we need something on the last day, I'm pretty confident we will get it.

Think Dunfermline and Alloa are guaranteed 3 points on the last day too as they have Inverness and Ayr respectively and both those teams will have their playoffs game a few days later so will have the reserves out! 

Utd are hitting form before the playoffs and will be keen to take that momentum forward. Every player is playing for a position in the team and I don't see Neilson making any big changes for this game (or the one at Cappielow although that is slightly more likely).

If they lose on Saturday then it night not matter what happens vs County but every player in that County team is playing for a chance to get a Premiership contract. I don't see there being any quarter given.

They’ll probably still have enough anyway, but this is just absolute nonsense. They’ve done the hard work and are quite entitled to take the foot off the gas. Having a sh*ter in an end of season dead rubber will have no influence on their contractual situations for next season.

Great post from a Pars fan on P&B;

"If Falkirk fans hadn't invaded the pitch at Queens they probably wouldn't have had the time to equalise. The damaging effect of that result led directly to the Alloa defeat.

Think it's fair to say the Falkirk fans are directly responsible for this relegation if it happens."

😄😄😄

Ayr 0-1 Partick

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived