Smokies v The Ton - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Smokies v The Ton

jimbobton

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some people must be forgetting how awful Tumilty was at full back last season, or saw a very different player to the one I was watching.

He had a very small number of decent performances at wing back in the back 5 at the end of the season, but he was pretty much rank rotten apart from that. He's about the worst we've ever had at losing his man at the back post.

Thought we started brightly and took our goals well. We were competitive but after they scored they controlled the rest of the half and we were slightly lucky not to concede again before half time.

Second half was a bit scrappy and not much in it. We restricted them to very few chances and defended well overall but never really created any further chances apart from the odd dangerous cross and a free kick from Cadden.

Hats off to McLean for coming in cold and putting a solid performance in. Thought Jacobs did well at right back too. Rogers pulled off a great save towards the end.

Muirhead caused a lot of problems early doors and set up both goals. Hopefully he kicks on as he has shown glimpses of what he is capable of.

Was worried before kick off but that is a great 3 points from a hard venue. Win next week and we are suddenly back in the mix.

Agreed and as I’ve stated before he had a very good end of season

How many fans did we have at the game?

167 ish the man in the yellow top said.

Was poor but not sure how they counted them as its unsegregated.

%

A poor watch with exception of 15 mins where we scored two decent goals.

A period where Muirhead looked a decent player and involved in all that was good.

Held out in second half even though the majority of clearances found Arbroath plays. Great save by Rogers in last 5 mins.

Laugh of the day McLean's fresh air clearance ending up on his arse.

Man in yellow top had no idea obviously as there was no home/away gate(AFAIK).

Well as the security supervisor it would be his responsibility to manage crowd issues and know how many away fans attend the game.He would have collated the estimated numbers from his security team.

I was discussing with him the issue of segregation and behaviour of fans. He offered a positive response in that no confrontational behaviour had been evident. Only crowd issue being a home supporter in hospitality who had got pished. He added he thought 167 travelling supporters was a decent effort coming from Greenock in early January.

I agree that some Ton where mixed with the home support so I accept that you he him can agree to differ 170-200.

A less than convincing performance, but a very good result. The change in shape worked, although I thought that the midfield was poor both going forward and defensively. I was happy with all of the front three, Cadden's delivery was good, Sutton's link up play was very intelligent and Muirhead put himself about well. Our substitutions and game management was baffling and frustrating. Keeping Lyon and Nesbitt on the bench, when Millar and McAlister were both blowing out of their arse and Arbroath were leaving gaps as they chased an equaliser, could have cost us.

A good away win but we're far from the finished article. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Well as the security supervisor it would be his responsibility to manage crowd issues and know how many away fans attend the game.He would have collated the estimated numbers from his security team.

I was discussing with him the issue of segregation and behaviour of fans. He offered a positive response in that no confrontational behaviour had been evident. Only crowd issue being a home supporter in hospitality who had got pished. He added he thought 167 travelling supporters was a decent effort coming from Greenock in early January.

I agree that some Ton where mixed with the home support so I accept that you he him can agree to differ 170-200.

If that's his responsibility, he should facilitate an away gate which would save him pulling a number out his arse.

Archived