Morton v Arbroath - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Arbroath

TRVMP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sub 1000 crowd IMO.

I’d very much doubt it. The only time our home crowds fall below 1000 for league games is rearranged midweek ones towards the end of the season, the last time that happened on a Saturday was probably about 2001 or 2002.

Next Saturday against Brora perhaps, but not tomorrow.

I’d very much doubt it. The only time our home crowds fall below 1000 for league games is rearranged midweek ones towards the end of the season, the last time that happened on a Saturday was probably about 2001 or 2002.

Next Saturday against Brora perhaps, but not tomorrow.

I think there’s a decent chance tomorrow, what with Hamish Husband mob ‘on manoeuvres’/in the pub as well.

And I see that a new episode of The Alan Newlands Show has been added to tomorrow’s shitshow card by absolutely no public demand.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Everyone scunnered with Morton, we’ll probably win.

'Trolling their own fanbase with a win' will be the distinctively Morton flavour to our Banter Years compilation, which we're already at least 15 months into btw.

Immediately followed up with footage of those double own goals against Alloa last season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Who’s your starting 11?

---------------------Rogers

--------Welsh ------Baird ------Grant

Salkeld --McAlister ---Jacobs---Strapp

-----------------Lyon

----------------------------Nesbitt

-------------------McHugh

McAlister to drop in and provide cover alongside Welsh, Salkeld basically playing as a regular RM. Strapp playing more as a LWB.

---------------------Rogers

--------Welsh ------Baird ------Grant

Salkeld --McAlister ---Jacobs---Strapp

-----------------Lyon

----------------------------Nesbitt

-------------------McHugh

McAlister to drop in and provide cover alongside Welsh, Salkeld basically playing as a regular RM. Strapp playing more as a LWB.

Welsh is one of the worst players we've had for years. We'd be better playing a youth player.

Edit to add - our own youth player.

Welsh is one of the worst players we've had for years. We'd be better playing a youth player.

If we've got a youth team centre back who could step in and take the opportunity to stake a claim for a regular game that would be grand. Or a right back, for that matter.

If Ramsbottom starts this the hounding should begin from kickoff. This feels like a pre-season game I’m that not arsed about it. Even if we scrape a win, I have absolutely no confidence in us actually building on it.

If Ramsbottom starts this the hounding should begin from kickoff. This feels like a pre-season game I’m that not arsed about it. Even if we scrape a win, I have absolutely no confidence in us actually building on it.

Nor do I, but we really should be arsed about it. With all due respect to Arbroath, who have surprised most since coming up, it's the sort of fixture you look at and think you should be collecting three points from in all but the most extreme circumstances. If we do win, I share your lack of confidence in our prospects of building on it, but the consequences of failing to win could be catastrophic. We'll be looking at a season akin to 2013-14, minus the pumping of the beggars in their own rancid bin bit.

We've got a couple of Sheffield United mates coming up for the game. God knows the impression they'll have of us given the football they've been watching this season.

How's the hangover champ?

Says a lot when even one of the arch cheerleaders for youth-based sustainability can't actually name a single up and coming defender to replace 'one of the worst players we've had for years' in the squad* though. There's clearly a bright future ahead for us in the Lowland League. 

* a complete and utter nonsense claim itself 

Archived