Falkirk v Morton 20/04/19 - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Falkirk v Morton 20/04/19

BishyTON

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iron Man should be adopting the barrier setup they had at the front of the stands instead of paying dozens of fat unqualified stewards to stand around and do nothing when away fans swan onto the pitch at Cappielow. 

Undoubtedly the only competent organisation on display at that horrible little club yesterday. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Iron Man should be adopting the barrier setup they had at the front of the stands instead of paying dozens of fat unqualified stewards to stand around and do nothing when away fans swan onto the pitch at Cappielow.

Undoubtedly the only competent organisation on display at that horrible little club yesterday.

There’s no need for barriers, especially wen we could just stuff asbestos down the back of the advertising boards instead.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Obviously Millar has some good attributes, but he kills the speed of any attack that goes near him. He has been doing it all season, been driving me mad all

That’s been Chris Millar’s playing style all his career, his main priority has always been to keep possession, meaning playing sideways or backwards the majority of the time if a forward run or pass is not an obvious or risk free option. It’s not my favoured style of football but it suited St Johnstone’s pragmatic approach perfectly.

That’s been Chris Millar’s playing style all his career, his main priority has always been to keep possession, meaning playing sideways or backwards the majority of the time if a forward run or pass is not an obvious or risk free option. It’s not my favoured style of football but it suited St Johnstone’s pragmatic approach perfectly.

In his first spell with is, one of his best attributes was his late runs into the box. To this day I watch top level players do the same thing and if still reminds of Millar doing it.

He's a great player, he's had the best career of any player that's left us in years and he's mostly been one of our best all season. His ability read the game, to win and recycle possession and always be available for a pass is exceptional. If you think all he does is pass the ball sideways, you're flat out ignorant.

AWMSC

That Xavi is pish as well isn't he?

What can't be argued is that two of our best performances this season have come in the last two games and I don't think anyone would be looking for the midfield to change on Saturday.

Last two games have also been two of Telfer best games.

Unless Reece Lyon is getting dropped then Millar continues on the bench.

That Millar has been one of our best players this season is a valid point. At this moment though, he isn't part of our strongest 11.

What can't be argued is that two of our best performances this season have come in the last two games and I don't think anyone would be looking for the midfield to change on Saturday.

Last two games have also been two of Telfer best games.

Unless Reece Lyon is getting dropped then Millar continues on the bench.

That Millar has been one of our best players this season is a valid point. At this moment though, he isn't part of our strongest 11.

Millar is at least a top half championship team player. If the manager doesn't know how to use him thats the managers problem.

I think we've also seen Oliver is one of the best players we have.

Also Xavi is seen as one of the world's greatest ever midfielders.

The guts of his career at Barca. Would he have been as effective elsewhere in a team playing a different system? Mibby aye. Mibby nae.

As was mentioned earlier Millar was very effective for years in a reasonably successful St Johnstone side who played a particular way.

Maybe we aren't playing that way just now.

Might be that next season as he approaches 36 that we build a team around him and Jim Mcallister.

Millar is at least a top half championship team player. If the manager doesn't know how to use him thats the managers problem.

Aye and he got injured on Saturday hence why I didn't mention him for next Saturday.

Are you saying that it's the manager's problem that he has found a successful formula that doesn't include Chris Millar?

Who would you drop? What formation should we play to include him with the current squad?

Xavi would’ve walked into any team in the world, no matter their playing style.

Is Reece Lyon a hybrid of Xavi & Iniesta and better than both? Not for me to say, but yes.

Xavi would've at his peak. No doubt. It worked most effectively with Busquets and Iniesta and Messi around him though.

Now if he had Tidser and Reece Lyon around him, who is to say the heights he may have reached?

Xavi would’ve walked into any team in the world, no matter their playing style.

Is Reece Lyon a hybrid of Xavi & Iniesta and better than both? Not for me to say, but yes.

Harsh. He's got a bit of Zidane in him.

Oliver gets a bad press on here from many but not from me

A good footballer just not a striker

Missed the game in Saturday but I thought our first half performance on Tuesday was excellent

Considering the pressure the team were under its been a great turn around

Should be looking for the 3 points against a very average pars team

See cause jimbobton always types in instalments and just never links sentences up I read it in my head like someone transcribing morse code. There’s always an added level of severity to whatever he says, a sense of impending doom, I like it.

Anyway, I don’t actually know how I feel about Gary Oliver. Up until a few weeks ago I was fine with him being let go, but the last week has been a reminder of what a good player he can be. His goalscoring could be much better obviously, but he’s a tremendously intelligent footballer, and if we can get back to the way he was playing a few seasons ago for us then keeping him would be a no-brainer.

He's a luxury striker, you need to play him knowing that he's never going to score so the goals are going to come from elsewhere. So, that either means a 20-a-season man up top with him, or an absolute fucking titan of the game like Greg Kiltie coming in from the wing. Without those his weaknesses are too apparent, despite his clear strengths.

EOho8Pw.png

What did we actually miss when Oliver came off after half an hour? We were swording them before and just carried on doing so. Kiltie is doing what that sand-dancer has been supposed to do in the side ever since TTGJ took him off the left wing (an entirely self-inflicted failure). He’s the only one of our forward players who we should be trying to bring back for next season if at all possible - the rest can get in the sea.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

NB: And we've seen Oliver play well many times before: the issue is in the following games when he both stops playing well and also doesn't do even half of the defensive work and pressing the opposition as he does when things are going his way. The former is an issue of consistency that you just have to accept with creative players at this level; the latter boils down to a lack of effort and application, which you really cannot. 

There have been too many disinterested performances over three years in which our attack has more often than not let us down. It's time for a clear out then instead of handing out new deals off the back of an upturn once the squad finally realised that their own careers were on the line as well.

NB: And we've seen Oliver play well many times before: the issue is in the following games when he both stops playing well and also doesn't do even half of the defensive work and pressing the opposition as he does when things are going his way. The former is an issue of consistency that you just have to accept with creative players at this level; the latter boils down to a lack of effort and application, which you really cannot. 

There have been too many disinterested performances over three years in which our attack has more often than not let us down. It's time for a clear out then instead of handing out new deals off the back of an upturn once the squad finally realised that their own careers were on the line as well.

Would you like me to lap dance for you?

Archived