Partick Thistle v Morton (proverbial 6 pointer) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Partick Thistle v Morton (proverbial 6 pointer)

gmfc23

Fucking hell. Getting a three year deal in the summer is the only thing keeping Hopkin in a job atbthe moment.

This is unfortunately about the size of it. To pay that off in its entirety would be massive, and the club won't want to do it.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utterly embarrassing. Not only are we the first team to not win up there, but we lost to TEN MEN. Complete mess, looking increasingly like he can’t fix it.

And there better not be any “give him the January window” comments. We have no money and pretty much no room for maneuverer in the loan market. His squad building had to be pretty much spot on, and he’s spectacularly failed at that too.

Just fold the club now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I wonder if Hopkin will be doing another meet the fans tour of the Cowshed at the next home game. Probably not. I suspect he’d get lynched.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Sam Ramsbottom

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Utterly embarrassing. Not only are we the first team to not win up there, but we lost to TEN MEN. Complete mess, looking increasingly like he can’t fix it.

And there better not be any “give him the January window” comments. We have no money and pretty much no room for maneuverer in the loan market. His squad building had to be pretty much spot on, and he’s spectacularly failed at that too.

This is the crux of it for me. Yes, the budget is limited, but it's been sufficient to build a group of players, many of whom are recognizable names, and some of whom (such as Nesbitt) have come from a decent level of football while not being over the hill. Too many key positions are weak, and he's got a weird obsession with collecting wide players that he doesn't use. Recruitment has been poor overall and that as much as anything means he realistically has no path forward. There's no chance half these guys will leave in January to free up wages and as such the only option is to find someone who can get a tune out of whom we have.

EOho8Pw.png

In all seriousness, Hopkin has been nothing but a progressive shambles. Every week we endeavour a new farce.

Today is up there amongst our most embarrassing defeats.

Aye, he's got to go.

There's an argument to say he's brought in decent players on an (allegedly) low budget but he's not got a clue what to do as a manager. It's actually puzzling why he can't get the basics right when he played at a good level and must've has decent managers himself.

Henk van Scheik

The backroom team he has brought in has to be questioned.

A goalkeeping coach who doubles as chief scout or something? Absolutely no eviden e of any level of ability in his cv or in his recruitment, particularly in the goalkeeping positions.

An assistant manager who was essentially a fitness coach previously. No real pedigree of assistant management.

Hopkin's man management. I see a a comment on Facebook that Nesbitt has fallen out with Hopkin.

Nesbitt and Muirhead were brought in as talented players who had been mismanaged and that he would bring out the best in them.

Zero evidence of this.

Chopping and changing midfield. No right back.

All the talk was about building a club and investing in youth and bringing them through.

Zero evidence of that. Strapp has had a run as our only real left back. We have brought in players from other youth set ups who have either been cast off, Livingstone, or about to be in Welsh.

We are an absolute nick just now. When we were previously a pure state, DDFR would release funds of some sort. Not saying that this didn't get us to this current place. Thing is, we ain't got money to do that now and management team with 3 year contracts.

We are proper gubbed.

Aye, he's got to go.

There's an argument to say he's brought in decent players on an (allegedly) low budget but he's not got a clue what to do as a manager. It's actually puzzling why he can't get the basics right when he played at a good level and must've has decent managers himself.

That’s not puzzling at all: our previous manager was an international footballer and an English Premiership level player but had no clue about how to manage a team either. There’s no reliable crossover between the skill sets and the sooner that people finally drop that lazy assumption, the better it will be for the clubs they support.

Cameron Blues

We are getting progressively worse with each passing week clearly Hopkin is not up to the challenge it's fair to say his Livingston stint was a complete fluke as he has now failed at both his clubs since.

Get out of our club and take your negative tactics with you you bumbling buffoon.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Archived