What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 398 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Vancouver and because it's right next to where I'm staying I went into the "Morrissey Pub" for a pint and something to eat. For fuck's sake, I thought the name was a coincidence but the menu categories were, I kid you not, "The First of the Gang to Die" (starters), "Meat is Murder" (burgers) and "This Charming Main" (mains.) They couldn't come up with anything better than "Dessert", though.

So I'm back in the hotel room listening to Morrissey now.

EOho8Pw.png

Not really related to that, but think you might like this*: https://youtu.be/Enn-gzg9mG8

*Pretty sure I remember you talking about the Associates at some point...bit of a Billy McKenzie thing going on with the singer.

What the fuck does that have to do with laughing at LinwoodScab?

Edit to add:

https://youtu.be/ojPTz4VAOMA

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw a fantastic documentary tonight on BBC4: Primal Scream - The Lost Memphis Tapes. It was about the fallout of the Screamadelica album where they all became Junkies and then got sent to Memphis as a kind of rehab away from the London scene which they were heavily involved at the time.

The outcome was the 'Give out but don't give up' album but guitarist Andrew Innes recently discovered a cassette of outtakes which were simply amazing and perhaps their finest work. I'm listening to it on Spotify just now and I'm blown away by it.

*insert signature here*

• 3 weeks later...

Australian Pink Floyd - pigs. Saw them at the hydro on Saturday and they were fantastic.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• 4 months later...