The Tidser Thread - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

Essential that we help to send Falkirk down.  No way will Tidser sign for them if they get relegated.  In any case, this whole assumption that he is going to Falkirk is based on no evidence - it could be that he has signed a PCA with some other club, or it could be that he hasn't signed anything with anyone and has still to make up his mind what he is doing.

I can't make tonight's game, but hoping for a big win, with a hat trick for Michael Tidser to GIRFU Falkirk just for being Falkirk.  I never had a view on them until this season - just a oring outfit that didn't really register on my scale of good/bad and not a fixture that generated much enthusiasm, but after all this business, whether actual or made up, I fecking loathe them.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Tidser being equally inflexible, if not more so, if all is to be believed? "Break the established financial planning convention of this club, just for me, and give me a new deal on double the money right now, or I'm off to Falkirk"

McAlister and others seem to have clauses in their contracts triggering another year when they play a certain number of games, so I don't really know what the planning convention is at the club.

I'm not saying that they should break the convention for one player, I'm saying it's wrong for the club to be that inflexible (I.e. for that to be the convention). Does that mean we won't sign any more players on PCA's like we have in the past? That also seems like bad planning. But we seem to have players with those appearance clauses, so who knows if we have any consistent plan at all.

But maybe we did make Tidser an offer. Maybe we just couldn't come close to matching about offer. This is all hypothetical.

Why not cmdc. last decent pay day knows he will have offers elsewhere but wanted to stay morton said no so he's leaving its not really complicated.

Since when did the ‘last decent pay day’ for a professional footballer occur at the age of 29? There are plenty of years left to run in his career going by both the standard career length of his peers and his relative talent.

I’ve no idea why these sort of bullshit sob stories are constantly being offered for a player who has an enviable degree of job security and future options compared to his peers never mind those working in any other walk of life. To be running a successful enough business on top of the so-called ‘demands’ of full time football is a great position to have built for himself while at this club - never mind how much extra he can take home anywhere else.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

When we finished in the promotion playoffs and reached the League Cup semi final Tidser couldn’t get a starting place in our team: a free agent that we picked up in September and a quality loan were the basis for that success. So while it’s hardly ideal to lose a player of Tidser’s quality and have to make another addition to the squad this summer, it’s really not the death knell to all ambition that people are shrieking about on here. Every player has a maximum possible worth to the club and if Tidser wants to chase more money elsewhere by joining King Snake’s outfit then hell mend him.

I thought you'd bring this up. I agree that a plan for success doesn't need to revolve around Tidser. I also think that a midfield three of Lindsay, Murdoch, and Tidser would have been outstanding if Duffy knew how to make that work.

I also think that it helps if a club plans for more than just the season at hand.

McAlister and others seem to have clauses in their contracts triggering another year when they play a certain number of games, so I don't really know what the planning convention is at the club.

Seems to be a new phenomenon at the club, possibly done by McKinnon as haven't heard of such clauses to our players before.

As Tidser was already contracted before McKinnon, he doesn't have it.

On that note, all McKinnon's bleating about only having a 1 year deal in a 3 year plan made a mockery by such examples of planning beyond the first year.

Seems to be a new phenomenon at the club, possibly done by McKinnon as haven't heard of such clauses to our players before.

As Tidser was already contracted before McKinnon, he doesn't have it.

On that note, all McKinnon's bleating about only having a 1 year deal in a 3 year plan made a mockery by such examples of planning beyond the first year.

What I meant was why put in those clauses and then tell every other player that they'd have to wait until the end of the season before offering something (including players from other clubs on PCAs) because we don't budget in advance? That doesn't seem consistent.

Since when did the ‘last decent pay day’ for a professional footballer occur at the age of 29? There are plenty of years left to run in his career going by both the standard career length of his peers and his relative talent.

I’ve no idea why these sort of bulls*** sob stories are constantly being offered for a player who has an enviable degree of job security and future options compared to his peers never mind those working in any other walk of life. To be running a successful enough business on top of the so-called ‘demands’ of full time football is a great position to have built for himself while at this club - never mind how much extra he can take home anywhere else.

Well I would doubt he will get anywhere near what Falkirk are giving him after that deal runs out it's all about opinions I suppose.

When we finished in the promotion playoffs and reached the League Cup semi final Tidser couldn’t get a starting place in our team: a free agent that we picked up in September and a quality loan were the basis for that success. So while it’s hardly ideal to lose a player of Tidser’s quality and have to make another addition to the squad this summer, it’s really not the death knell to all ambition that people are shrieking about on here. Every player has a maximum possible worth to the club and if Tidser wants to chase more money elsewhere by joining King Snake’s outfit then hell mend him.

This is it nailed on the head. If Tidser has actually demanded 2x his wage then we shouldn't be keeping him. The mistake was not giving him a 2yr deal in the summer but who knows, maybe the snake didn't want to offer him one.*

There are other players out there, it will be sad to see him go but, at this level, very few players are irreplacable.

*as in - offer him a year extension.

Essential that we help to send Falkirk down. No way will Tidser sign for them if they get relegated. In any case, this whole assumption that he is going to Falkirk is based on no evidence - it could be that he has signed a PCA with some other club.

I keep thinking about this. The 'have something to say' could just as easily mean St Mirren for example.

What I meant was why put in those clauses and then tell every other player that they'd have to wait until the end of the season before offering something (including players from other clubs on PCAs) because we don't budget in advance? That doesn't seem consistent.

Firstly, we don't known that we did say that, assumption just being made because that's the usual norm.

Also, players with the clause earn an offer for the second year, but no talk of numbers. At best, the clause might say like for like but unlikely to clause for massive increases.

And there's no evidence to suggest pre-contract of other players can't happen, but unlikely to be those on the top of the wage scale.

One of our, if not the highest earner, wanting a big increase agreed early before budgets or league are known though was never likely, regardless of the clauses others have.

I don’t understand why loads of people seem to think a testimonial would help make his mind up. Who did Weatherson end up playing, St Johnstone?

It's not about the fixture itself. It's about the money pulled in from the 10 or so events leading up to the game. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Firstly, we don't known that we did say that, assumption just being made because that's the usual norm.

Also, players with the clause earn an offer for the second year, but no talk of numbers. At best, the clause might say like for like but unlikely to clause for massive increases.

And there's no evidence to suggest pre-contract of other players can't happen, but unlikely to be those on the top of the wage scale.

One of our, if not the highest earner, wanting a big increase agreed early before budgets or league are known though was never likely, regardless of the clauses others have.

I don't disagree with any of that. I wasn't advocating big increases or anything like that.

My initial point was that if it's the case that Falkirk were offering more than we were able to than that's fair enough, but I hope it wasn't the case that we weren't willing to offer Tidser anything because we don't want to offer any contracts before the end of the season.

I get that the club might have said (in this hypothetical situation) that we cannot match that offer and we can't be sure of the best deal until after the end of the season. That's not unreasonable, but there's are loads of ways in which we could have offered him a deal now which factored in some of those things. All I'm saying is that I hope that we tried (again, in this hypothetical situation).

It's not about the fixture itself. It's about the money pulled in from the 10 or so events leading up to the game.

The fixture is by far the main event though, and surely the biggest money spinner, compared to race nights and golf days.

Essential that we help to send Falkirk down. No way will Tidser sign for them if they get relegated. In any case, this whole assumption that he is going to Falkirk is based on no evidence - it could be that he has signed a PCA with some other club, or it could be that he hasn't signed anything with anyone and has still to make up his mind what he is doing.

I can't make tonight's game, but hoping for a big win, with a hat trick for Michael Tidser to GIRFU Falkirk just for being Falkirk. I never had a view on them until this season - just a oring outfit that didn't really register on my scale of good/bad and not a fixture that generated much enthusiasm, but after all this business, whether actual or made up, I fecking loathe them.

No way is a bit of a strong statement.

Now that that awkward fixture has been dealt with (complete with tragic ‘he’s one of our own’ chants when no, he’s quite clearly not), the club should confirm any PCA and publish as many details as possible to allow Tidser’s conduct to be judged accordingly.

There’s no reason why this once-proud club should continue peddling a shan pretence to the fanbase just so that a player gets to announce his King Snake slithering at the time of his own choosing.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived