Morton Q+A at The Beacon - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Q+A at The Beacon

https://gmfc.net/2019/08/06/fans-qa-at-the-beacon/

We are pleased to announce a question and answer event on Monday 19 August at the Beacon Arts Centre in Greenock which will feature first team manager David Hopkin, assistant manager Anton McElhone, goalkeeping coach, Dave Timmins, club captain Jim McAlister, and chief executive Dave Mackinnon.

Kicking off at 7.30pm with doors opening at 7pm, the event, hosted by PLZ Soccer’s Peter Martin, will have the five talk about their careers to date, and their aspirations for the season ahead and beyond. The fans will have the opportunity on the night to ask questions via a Q&A session.

Admission is £5 with all profits being split between Ardgowan Hospice, and The Greenock Morton Youth Academy.

Please note, the evening is open to over 16’s.

Supporters can secure their ticket now by booking online at: https://uk.patronbase.com/_BeaconArtsCentre/Sections/Choose?prod_id=2IM&perf_id=1.

Alternatively, supporters can purchase tickets in person or by contacting the box office direct.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0, Gourlay free kick. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Questions allowed....

1) isn't the new manager doing well

2) how can we contribute more money to the cause of writing off the clubs debt

3) was it professor plum with the candlestick in the library

Questions not allowed

1) when is the erstwhile golden child of a manager going to admit he has signed complete and utter abject shite from the arse end divisions of fucking looserville

2) having accepted point 1 can he tell us exactly when he is going to put the club before his obvious ego and get these guys to fuck before we end up in our obligatory relegation fight when such plans, coupled with single minded refusal of a manager to accept what every other cunt on the planet can see, leads to the inevitable

3) can you confirm that ramsbottom and van shite were indeed early period manager pranks and you have now got rid of the pair of them for a hefty fee of two used nude books.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Sounds like an MCT ambush.

I dunno about that, but the fact that it's billed as a chance to hear "the five talk about their careers to date, and their aspirations for the season ahead and beyond" and is hosted by some guy off the radio with no connection to the club does make it sound as if it's intended as a "look, they're great, ain't they?" affair rather than as an evening of serious explanations, justifications and interrogations. 

The fact that our esteemed chairman isn't involved says a lot.

AWMSC

Peter Martin won’t ask any searching questions, so the fans will have to it if we get the chance.

Well, quite. I wasn't expecting him to, the point was that having someone like him hosting it suggests its intended to be more of an "an audience with*..." thing than a genuine "what the fuck are you lot actually up to" one. 

*Should invite Sue Cook as a special guest.

AWMSC

I dunno about that, but the fact that it's billed as a chance to hear "the five talk about their careers to date, and their aspirations for the season ahead and beyond" and is hosted by some guy off the radio with no connection to the club does make it sound as if it's intended as a "look, they're great, ain't they?" affair rather than as an evening of serious explanations, justifications and interrogations.

The fact that our esteemed chairman isn't involved says a lot.

I think Rae has been pretty open to questions and been available at things previously so wouldn’t read too much into it.

The ceo for most organisations will take the flack (and praise) for most things anyway.

it's all by the by anyway, we've heard all sorts of grand promises coming from Cappielow over the years and still end up in the same shite position. 

The time for talking is long over for everybody at the club, I couldn't really care less what anybody on the panel has to say at this juncture. Hopkin can sit and tell us how great a player he was all he likes or dole out any number of platitudes, but it means fuck all when he's presiding over debacles like Saturday's; likewise, what can Dave bloody Timmins possibly have to say for himself?

AWMSC

Friendly evening or not, can someone please hound them about highlights. 

That's not even in the top 20 of our priorities right now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Really hope this is like the Ritchie Q&A a couple of months ago. Spent half an hour talking about George Anderson, then some auld boy immediately gets up “Can I just ask you about George Anderson?”

That's not even in the top 20 of our priorities right now.

Granted, but it is an issue. In particular, it's an issue that's incredibly easy to remedy, as well as being a potential revenue stream for the club. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Granted, but it is an issue. In particular, it's an issue that's incredibly easy to remedy, as well as being a potential revenue stream for the club.

Why would the club bother to do something like creating new revenue streams when some gormless shit-for-brains individual created this 'ivry buddy chips in munny' scheme to save them the bother of doing things like that?

*insert signature here*

Why would the club bother to do something like creating new revenue streams when some gormless shit-for-brains individual created this 'ivry buddy chips in munny' scheme to save them the bother of doing things like that?

Why all this personal hate towards Graham McLennan? You may not like his idea or whatever, but the personal stuff is wild.

I may be wrong, but the club hasn't shown any interest in making "New Revenue Streams" for years.

i for one am glad that someone has taken on themselves to make sure that we get the funds we need to be competitive on the park while also starting the process the making the club debt free that will make us much more attractive to potential buyers which could result in us being rid of the Raes faster.

I don't see why people are so upset about this scheme, no one is forcing you to back it and it does seem to benefit the football club in the long run.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

It's a revenue stream of near-zero significance in the grand scheme of things. The club should still be doing highlights, but querying the lack of media presence should be taking up at most 1% of the allotted time - 99% should be focused on the club's broader commercial strategy (piss-poor season ticket pricing etc.); why we're signing utter dung from English pub leagues (or English pub teams in the form of Berwick Rangers); and why we're paying undisclosed fees for haddies like van Shite. 

You're ever increasingly coming across as trying to justify your own position of not willing to part with £2.50 a week with the constant and needless attacks. No need for it. I've not pledged yet either btw.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived