The Scotland Thread - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scotland Thread

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me neither. Load of pish

TheGoon and PortTon be on to tell us that this sexist and not all inclusive

I wouldn't go that far. As I said, good luck to them but I just couldn't get excited about it.

*insert signature here*

I have not watched much of it outside the Scotland games. The standard is much better than when I attended some of the Olympic games at Hampden and a huge improvement over the domestic game. While I expect woman's football to continue to grow, I am not convinced that it is commercially viable - certainly not in Scotland. 

I'd not watched any of it until this France VS Brazil game and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. This is of far greater quality than the previous edition of the tournament. Of course it's two strong teams, but it's been a very entertaining contest.

I don't think the women's game will ever have a high following at the club level but at the international level, if they continue to professionalize and improve like they have been, there is a ton of scope for growth. Not to the level of the mens' game, sure, but far more than many would have thought even ten years ago.

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 months later...

I know it's only 3 games, but Steve Clarke's been horrendous so far.

Some baffling squad inclusions/exclusions and tactical decisions.

Agreed. If anything, we're worse than before. Our big problem though is that we basically just have a team of losers, the number of cheap goals we concede from being either level or ahead is totally unacceptable. I maintain that we need a foreign manager with a totally different mentality.

AWMSC

• 1 month later...

Archived