• Weatherson
    • Witteveen
    • Monti
    • Paartalu
    • Simmonds
    • Jenkins

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 7 2010, 09:11 AM) 730651[/snapback]
Shimmin for me, showed how we would have got 3 points on Saturday if Grady had bothered to pick him, covered for Greacen all night <_>

Can't go for Shimmin at all. He lacked composure last night and looked nervy.

Was his fault for the 2nd goal when a rush of blood to the head mean't he completely left his marker on the 18yard line to go and cover a player already marked by Greacen.

The player he was marking simply strolled into the box and coolly finished off a well taken goal. Shimmin's fault entirely.

I went for Tidser particularly on his 1st half performance. He ran the show from midfield and looked a very classy player. Faded in the 2nd perhaps due to an injury he is carrying or a lack of a decent pre-season.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 7 2010, 09:11 AM) 730651[/snapback]Shimmin for me, showed how we would have got 3 points on Saturday if Grady had bothered to pick him, covered for Greacen all night <_>

Can't go for Shimmin at all. He lacked composure last night and looked nervy.

Was his fault for the 2nd goal when a rush of blood to the head mean't he completely left his marker on the 18yard line to go and cover a player already marked by Greacen.

The player he was marking simply strolled into the box and coolly finished off a well taken goal. Shimmin's fault entirely.

I went for Tidser particularly on his 1st half performance. He ran the show from midfield and looked a very classy player. Faded in the 2nd perhaps due to an injury he is carrying or a lack of a decent pre-season.

I think if you study your own conclusion there you will realise what you said :huh:

We lost the 2nd goal because Shimmin had spent the entire night covering Greacen, in laymans terms it was his fault, but in the grand scheme of things......no

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 7 2010, 10:20 AM) 730666[/snapback]
I think if you study your own conclusion there you will realise what you said :huh:

We lost the 2nd goal because Shimmin had spent the entire night covering Greacen, in laymans terms it was his fault, but in the grand scheme of things......no

I do realise what I said because that's what happened. Shimmin should have stayed with Rooney on the 18yard line and let Greacen mark Foran which he was doing. Instead he followed the ball from Rooney to Foran. When Foran received the ball he returned it to the now unmarked Rooney who then had a clear run at goal.

That wasn't Greacen's fault that was Shimmins fault for leaving an unmarked man on the 18yard line.

It was schoolboy stuff to be frank.

I'm not sure who to go for in this. Nobody had a good 90 minutes, almost everyone made basic mistakes and had poor spells at some point in the game. Maybe Reid or McGuffie were the "least bad" but they were solid and fairly unspectacular. Greacen and Shimmin weren't particularly solid but they were up against good strikers. Stewart made another couple of cracking saves but his distribution was uncharacteristically poor. Monti and Tidser linked up well in the first half but both looked very tired by around 65/70 minutes. McFarlane and Kev were unspectacular. The front two were marked out the game by a good defence.

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 7 2010, 09:11 AM) 730651[/snapback]
Shimmin for me, showed how we would have got 3 points on Saturday if Grady had bothered to pick him, covered for Greacen all night <_>

Wow- thats amazing ! :blink:

I thought Shimmin was a touch rank tonight . He looked nervous and unsure and yet at the same time uninterested and a tad nonchalant (which in itself is actually quite clever ). He was also at fault for their 2nd goal.

Thats all.

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Tidser for me.

Shimmin continues to fail to impress when he has the ball with either short square passes or pass-backs. He had loads of space last night and struggled to find the courage to carry the ball forward or pass it forward to create an attack!

Tidser for me.

Shimmin continues to fail to impress when he has the ball with either short square passes or pass-backs. He had loads of space last night and struggled to find the courage to carry the ball forward or pass it forward to create an attack!

I ws actually talking about that at the game last night. We were wondering if he has actually been told by Grady not to step out with the ball. He has the potential to be a kind of Bougherra figure for us. Maybe hes senses that if he does step out, and lose it, the rest of the defence is incapable of covering for him.

Man of the match is a hard one, overall Tidser probably just shaved it. Hoping hes not the new John Maisano though.

I want a pretentious signature too.

I ws actually talking about that at the game last night. We were wondering if he has actually been told by Grady not to step out with the ball. He has the potential to be a kind of Bougherra figure for us. Maybe hes senses that if he does step out, and lose it, the rest of the defence is incapable of covering for him.

Man of the match is a hard one, overall Tidser probably just shaved it. Hoping hes not the new John Maisano though.

There could be something in that - but his distribution is always nervy and he seems to lack any awareness of those around him particularly if they are in front.

If this was man of the first half then it'd probably be Tidser. Over the 90 minutes, however, Witteveen was our best player. He made many a half chance from VERY little. Every punt up the park looks destined to go to a defender or the goalkeeper and Witts somehow gets to it and makes it look really quite simple.

TTG JIM!!!

B)-->
QUOTE(C B @ Apr 7 2010, 10:20 AM) 730666[/snapback]

I do realise what I said because that's what happened. Shimmin should have stayed with Rooney on the 18yard line and let Greacen mark Foran which he was doing. Instead he followed the ball from Rooney to Foran. When Foran received the ball he returned it to the now unmarked Rooney who then had a clear run at goal.

That wasn't Greacen's fault that was Shimmins fault for leaving an unmarked man on the 18yard line.

It was schoolboy stuff to be frank.

Youre not getting my point, it's a catch 22, if Shimmin had marked his man all night and left Greacen to his own devices we would have lost by more. So blaming Shimmin for the last goal is harsh, damned if you do damned if you don't stuff <_>

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 7 2010, 04:44 PM) 730769[/snapback]
Youre not getting my point, it's a catch 22, if Shimmin had marked his man all night and left Greacen to his own devices we would have lost by more. So blaming Shimmin for the last goal is harsh, damned if you do damned if you don't stuff <_>

He didn't need to go and help Greacen, that's the point I'm making. You don't leave a man unmarked on the 18yard line to go and mark a player that's already being marked ! :blink:

Blaming him is harsh ??? fek me ! Who do you balme then ? He left Rooney all alone to go and stroll into the box and score.

If the second half never happened, there would be a few candidates. But it did happen and there's only one left.

Witteveen it is.

Oh and Graecen was causing problems in the back most of the game.

: )

I voted for Reid as he kept things simple, stuck to his task and supported Monti and his flank well.

considering I thought he was pretty dodgy on saturday, I believe he deserves a shout.

2 full backs were good.............. as usual its whoever the two are inside them that seem to cause the problems, Greacen in particular.

I voted for Reid as he kept things simple, stuck to his task and supported Monti and his flank well.

considering I thought he was pretty dodgy on saturday, I believe he deserves a shout.

2 full backs were good.............. as usual its whoever the two are inside them that seem to cause the problems, Greacen in particular.

Tidser for me.

Gofer - do you not think it'd be a good idea to move Reid to his natural side and push McGuffie forward into right midfield? I feel we'd be getting the best of both their talents then. Reid's a good player and more than capable of playing a part in our (hopefully) revival next season.

This is based on McKinlay returning at left back.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Tidser for me.

Gofer - do you not think it'd be a good idea to move Reid to his natural side and push McGuffie forward into right midfield? I feel we'd be getting the best of both their talents then. Reid's a good player and more than capable of playing a part in our (hopefully) revival next season.

This is based on McKinlay returning at left back.

When McKinlay returns yes, as McGuffie offers far more on the right of midfield than Kevin Finlayson! Hopefully he'll be joining Allan Jenkins on the road out at the end of the season.

However not until then as I couldn't handle it if Carlo Monti got moved back to left back, he was abysmal there!

My team for next season if we can keep the ones I mention...

New

Reid Shimmin New McKinlay

McGuffie Tidser New New

Witteveen (asking a lot, I know) Weatherson

Archived