Johansson's Future - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

Are you suggesting McKinnon didnt want to sign 2 of those 3 players?

I dont believe for a second that is the case. Hawke may well have made McKinnon aware of their availability but I doubt McKinnon is the kid of guy to sign someone just because the CEO introduced them ( if that is even the case). Mckinnon made Jim captain, would he really have done that if he didn't want to sign him or was that Hawkes decision too?

Not suggesting Mckinnon didn't want them, but if the board are negotiating with the players personally and saying we can get those players to mckinnon who says yes to signing them, then he leaves and the board tell the new manager that the squad is over budget then that can't be pinned on Mckinnon.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to think that they simply aren't bothering to read the comments. It's incredible to read a manager who's failing so badly having a pop at his circumstances on a daily basis without any sort of rebuke or statement from his board.

The board are probably lapping up the fact that he's the one out in the firing line relaying this message to fans so they don't have to.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The board are probably lapping up the fact that he's the one out in the firing line relaying this message to fans so they don't have to.

This, unfortunately, is my reading as well.

It's quite unbelievable. To mention it in passing once or twice is one thing, but it's happening twice a week right now.

EOho8Pw.png

I think that the club was initially so infatuated with McKinnon that they were giving him practically everything he asked for. He said as much at the time of his departure and before things turned sour saying how good and supportive they had been.

My take on the JJ responses is that when asked questions about signings and so on he just tells it as it is. I don't believe that he is lying.

What is being so badly handled is the drip feed nature of it and journalists will thrive on that.

Either Crawford or Warren Hawke need to release a statement along the lines of :

When Johannsen was appointed the situation was...... and therefore his budget and remit as agreed were......

Put it to bed and let us get on with the task in hand, winning football matches.

I think that the club was initially so infatuated with McKinnon that they were giving him practically everything he asked for. He said as much at the time of his departure and before things turned sour saying how good and supportive they had been.

My take on the JJ responses is that when asked questions about signings and so on he just tells it as it is. I don't believe that he is lying.

What is being so badly handled is the drip feed nature of it and journalists will thrive on that.

Either Crawford or Warren Hawke need to release a statement along the lines of :

When Johannsen was appointed the situation was...... and therefore his budget and remit as agreed were......

Put it to bed and let us get on with the task in hand, winning football matches.

This is pretty much my view of it. It’s not necessarily incompatible with a three year plan for promotion that in year 1 a manager is tasked with reducing the wage bill and average age of the squad. I read an interview with the DoF at Norwich recently who said that was Farke’s mission last season and they were willing to (and did) forgive poor results and an indifferent to poor season on the pitch as a result (they now sit top in his second season, where fans were calling for his head last season). But it needs someone from above Johansson to reaffirm that message (if that is the message). It also remains to be seen if Johansson is as capable as Farke of seeing through that kind of transition. Time will tell.

Four tiers were introduced for 1994-95 season.

Whatever, the point still stands that milling around the middle of the second tier has been our default position for the best part of 40 years. We should of course be expecting better than this on a semi-regular basis, but it is not the mark of the club being an 'absolute shambles'. People should take a look at the current plight of Airdrie or Raith, trailing dozens of points behind pub teams in a one horse title race for examples of that (though of course as Raith won a diddy cup that one time we're supposed to look up to them as well) 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Whatever, the point still stands that milling around the middle of the second tier has been our default position for the best part of 40 years. We should of course be expecting better than this on a semi-regular basis, but it is not the mark of the club being an 'absolute shambles'. People should take a look at the current plight of Airdrie or Raith, trailing dozens of points behind pub teams in a one horse title race for examples of that (though of course as Raith won a diddy cup that one time we're supposed to look up to them as well) 

This is the first season Crawford has had in charge since Dougie passed so our previous league positions or our natural order have nothing to do with it. Fans have every right to be concerned with how the club is being run now given the evidence of the past 6 months of their tenure. We are sliding towards relegation and our previous manager has almost half as many league wins this season than our current manager who took over after 4 games of the season, and if we go down under this regime there's nothing to say we wouldn't turn in to an Airdrie or Raith.

32.gif

This is pretty much my view of it. It’s not necessarily incompatible with a three year plan for promotion that in year 1 a manager is tasked with reducing the wage bill and average age of the squad. I read an interview with the DoF at Norwich recently who said that was Farke’s mission last season and they were willing to (and did) forgive poor results and an indifferent to poor season on the pitch as a result (they now sit top in his second season, where fans were calling for his head last season). But it needs someone from above Johansson to reaffirm that message (if that is the message). It also remains to be seen if Johansson is as capable as Farke of seeing through that kind of transition. Time will tell.

The squad was only assembled in the summer. It's patently absurd to suggest lowering the age and cutting the wage bill is a reasonable remit in mid-September, to be honest.

Johansson's task should have been to make the play-offs as a minimum, and (or, depending on how things went) to be finishing the season in a good position to build and progress next year. If that involved shipping a few players out in January to make room for his own then so be it, that's entirely reasonable, but there was enough in this squad for it to be sitting pretty comfortably in fourth place. 

If the board has tasked him with idiotic changes to the squad rather than finishing in the top 4, then we'd be as well just closing the gates.

AWMSC

The squad was only assembled in the summer. It's patently absurd to suggest lowering the age and cutting the wage bill is a reasonable remit in mid-September, to be honest.

Johansson's task should have been to make the play-offs as a minimum, and (or, depending on how things went) to be finishing the season in a good position to build and progress next year. If that involved shipping a few players out in January to make room for his own then so be it, that's entirely reasonable, but there was enough in this squad for it to be sitting pretty comfortably in fourth place.

If the board has tasked him with idiotic changes to the squad rather than finishing in the top 4, then we'd be as well just closing the gates.

I don’t really have an opinion on whether the changes are idiotic or not - time will tell I guess - I just don’t think it’s incompatible with a three year plan for promotion to reduce the age of the squad etc. Whether it’s wise, whether it’s the best way to do it etc etc, I don’t really know. Whether it’s what the club are thinking, I don’t know. But I found that Norwich interview to be quite interesting in the context of what Johansson claims his remit to be.

I don’t really have an opinion on whether the changes are idiotic or not - time will tell I guess - I just don’t think it’s incompatible with a three year plan for promotion to reduce the age of the squad etc. Whether it’s wise, whether it’s the best way to do it etc etc, I don’t really know. Whether it’s what the club are thinking, I don’t know. But I found that Norwich interview to be quite interesting in the context of what Johansson claims his remit to be.

Here's the 2017/18 prize money:

Here's the prize money for 2017/18:

1st - £533,000 (2.25%)

2nd - £450,000 (1.9%)

3rd - £379,000 (1.6%)

4th - £308,000 (1.3%)

5th - £237,000 (1.0%)

6th - £213,000 (0.9%)

7th - £201,000 (0.85%)

8th - £190,000 (0.80%)

9th - £178,000 (0.75%)

10th - £166,000 (0.7%)

Not really much of a comment needed there, but there's not really any kind of savings that could reasonably be achieved in January that would compensate for failing to make fourth.

AWMSC

This is the first season Crawford has had in charge since Dougie passed so our previous league positions or our natural order have nothing to do with it. Fans have every right to be concerned with how the club is being run now given the evidence of the past 6 months of their tenure. We are sliding towards relegation and our previous manager has almost half as many league wins this season than our current manager who took over after 4 games of the season, and if we go down under this regime there's nothing to say we wouldn't turn in to an Airdrie or Raith.

If we hadn't appointed a novice who turned out to be an absolute failure of a manager then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all: in fact we'd more likely than not be discussing our chances in the promotion play-offs with an outside tilt at top flight football instead. Which is why the idea that the club as a whole is some sort of doomed ghost ship destined for seaside league oblivion doesn't actually stack up. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's not much of a surprise though - presumably most managers worth appointing would want a better deal than part of a season with someone else's squad.

Johannson should have had no leverage at all over a club given the utter bullshit that made up his so-called CV in football management. In that scenario you hand the novice a deal to the end of the season at most or tell him to do one. 

Johannson should have had no leverage at all over a club given the utter bulls*** that made up his so-called CV in football management. In that scenario you hand the novice a deal to the end of the season at most or tell him to do one. 

Agreed. I wondered if Johansson was maybe the Easdale choice given the talk at the time of their allegedly imminent takeover, but whatever the reason it was downright stupid to be handing two years to a guy without a senior squad coaching CV worth the name when you didn't give the guy appointed in the summer one. The idea that Johansson was in a position to call the shots is extremely questionable and if it money is so tight due to paying off Duffy, the club should have said "thanks but no thanks" and moved on. 

I also dispute this idea that coming in after 4 league games and taking over the squad that was there was a particularly onerous task: it was in decent nick with 7 points from 12 (and, whilst not quantifiable, had turned in a really good first half at Firhill despite all the upheaval) and looked like it was moving in the right direction; whoever came in wasn't being landed with a team of Pages and Wallaces floundering about at the bottom of the table. Just by not being awful, any manager should have been able to come in and make a decent fist of things.

AWMSC

If we hadn't appointed a novice who turned out to be an absolute failure of a manager then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all: in fact we'd more likely than not be discussing our chances in the promotion play-offs with an outside tilt at top flight football instead. Which is why the idea that the club as a whole is some sort of doomed ghost ship destined for seaside league oblivion doesn't actually stack up.

In a vacuum I'd say you're probably correct, however in reality the board appointed that novice manager and then told said novice manager to cut the playing budget 4 games in to the season and reduce the age of a far from old squad (i.e. replace bigger earners with cheap young players), 90% of whom had been signed only one or two months previously.

This is new territory for Morton in that it's the first time Crawford has had complete control of the funding and running of the club without his father looming in the shadows so no one knows what the future holds for his reign. He was rightly praised for saying all the correct things at the beginning of the season but since then the silence has been deafening at the club as we slide towards a relegation battle, and even if we do somehow survive we then go in to next season on a reduced budget with absolutely zero ambition for promotion.

The same board sold record season ticket numbers on the promise of ambition, and literally as soon as they had our money they were looking for ways to cut costs at the expense of the promised ambition. It's truly one of the most deplorable acts by a morton board since Dougie saved us.

If our championship budget is to be cut then think how bad our league one budget would be if we go down. If Crawford clearly isn't interested now his father has passed away then think how little interest he will have when we are in league one.

I'm usually more of a leaner towards happy clapping than doom and gloom but for me this feels like we are on our way to one of the biggest crossroads in the clubs recent history,with an uninterested owner, uninterested hardcore fans, and an uninterested community and there is just as much chance we could go the way of Airdrie and Clyde than finally seeing us reach the Premier League.

Tl;Dr. Didn't start that with the intention to do a dunning.

32.gif

There's no credible evidence that the board did any such thing regarding the squad though, as Johannson is quite simply spinning any and every story he can find to cover for his inevitable punting. 

A case in point being his other, total fucking whopper today, in which he bemoans the fact that his hands are already tied in terms of identifying targets for the summer because some players were apparently already under contract until the end of next season before he arrived at the club. Without going through the squad player by player, I'd be astonished if more than a couple of first team players actually fall into that category. But TTGJ already needs a ready-made excuse to justify his expected failure next season and so here we are. 

He is a total charlatan. Get him in the sea.

Archived