Drums At Football Games - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Drums At Football Games

K K Kelbie

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where will they be standing at Scapa?

About a mile north of the Cowshed.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Hi everybody, I’ve been organising everything to do with the drum along with a pal. We’ve all read through this forum and thought we should say something about it. We understand that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but we think some of the posts and snidey comments we got on Saturday were quite harsh. We’re a group of young boys trying to create an atmosphere and have a bit of fun at games and we think, along with 80% of a vote on instagram, that we did both on Saturday. We also posted on the Morton supporters group on Facebook to get opinions from different sets of fans and everything was mainly positive bar a few comments. Read somewhere on this forum that they hated us until we moved behind the goal on Saturday then it wasn’t as bad, and obviously there’s no one telling you to stand or sit anywhere near us so if you’re not into it you don’t have to be anywhere near it. We met with Warren Hawke, who fully supported us with the rest of the board and staff, and agreed that we won’t be standing anywhere on the side of the old segregation in the cowshed that’s closest to Sinclair Street as we’d possibly be interfering with people who’ve stood there for years and if it gets overcrowded and spills into there we’d move the new away fans netting and move ourselves along. Personally I had the best time I’ve had a Morton game in many years on Saturday, before we got beat, and the majority of us have said the same. We’re sick of the silence every week and we want to change it so the drums something that worked wonders for other clubs and worked well on Saturday in our opinion.

It's a personal choice. You're sick of the silence and a lot of people, myself included, think drums at games are absolute torture. Where exactly are you going to be at cappielow? Couldn't quite work it out from your post.

I want a pretentious signature too.

I’ve no problem with it really. I enjoyed most of it on Saturday and it was far better than the usual funeral-type atmosphere we have at games.

These young boys are the future of our club like it or not. Telling them to pipe down could lead to them ditching the club and withdrawing their support leading to a potentially bigger loss further down the years. I don’t ever see myself taking part in all of it but good luck to them.

I enjoyed it too, Scott.

Morton fans can be absolute weapons when it comes to new things. You'll probably find that the fans of St.Mirren thought the same at first and now look at the section they have. No doubt contributed to them surviving and then winning the league.

Give them a chance to create an atmosphere when otherwise it can be like a morgue. A winning team and the rest of the shed getting involved and cappielow could sound excellent

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Hi everybody, I’ve been organising everything to do with the drum along with a pal. We’ve all read through this forum and thought we should say something about it. We understand that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but we think some of the posts and snidey comments we got on Saturday were quite harsh. We’re a group of young boys trying to create an atmosphere and have a bit of fun at games and we think, along with 80% of a vote on instagram, that we did both on Saturday. We also posted on the Morton supporters group on Facebook to get opinions from different sets of fans and everything was mainly positive bar a few comments. Read somewhere on this forum that they hated us until we moved behind the goal on Saturday then it wasn’t as bad, and obviously there’s no one telling you to stand or sit anywhere near us so if you’re not into it you don’t have to be anywhere near it. We met with Warren Hawke, who fully supported us with the rest of the board and staff, and agreed that we won’t be standing anywhere on the side of the old segregation in the cowshed that’s closest to Sinclair Street as we’d possibly be interfering with people who’ve stood there for years and if it gets overcrowded and spills into there we’d move the new away fans netting and move ourselves along. Personally I had the best time I’ve had a Morton game in many years on Saturday, before we got beat, and the majority of us have said the same. We’re sick of the silence every week and we want to change it so the drums something that worked wonders for other clubs and worked well on Saturday in our opinion.

Conclusive proof, if ever it was required, that this is a dreadful idea.

Archived