Johansson's Future - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

The problem for me is the style of football promoted by JJ is awful to watch and perpetuates the Duffy view that we are an inferior footballing squad punching above our weight against the giants of Scottish football including Brechin and Alloa. I just don't see where JJ wants to take the club. As for his interviews...

I totally agree with everything you say HamCam.

I used to think his pre/post match interviews showed a calm collected influence, a clever modern dynamic coach but they are just boring, no they are just very very boring and very very Un-inspiring to the point were I just switch off, he shows a lack of fight and passion.

Boots to baws are what is required IMO

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction is he'll get the bag at Christmas. He will definitely be given this season, we wont be relegated and then we'll be adrift at Christmas and the board will decide a change is needed to keep us up.

Takes us to the halfway mark of the three-year plan, sounds about right, just before 'hire Director of Football' and 'admit Ark of Covenant bought from Nigerian agent is actually old index card box from the library.'

EOho8Pw.png

I'm really not getting all this ill feeling towards Jonatan Johannsen. He seems like a decent guy who seems to be shouldering the blame for the 'Super Ray McKinnon' inspired revolution not transpiring the way we all wanted.

Give him the chance to get some signings of his own, empty some of the guff that he's inherited and give him a chance to do something good with us.

*insert signature here*

Some people do seem to dislike him. I don't have anything against him but I think the fact that he's medium-high profile and popular in the media is buying him some goodwill an unknown manager with the same record wouldn't get.

Certainly the Snake's departure threw a massive spanner in the works but he's shown little sign of getting a functional midfield out of the players we have, who most would agree are more than good enough for this level. If he needs five or six new players we're in trouble.

EOho8Pw.png

I think he seems like a genuinely nice, warm, likeable man but unfortunately that's by the by. Football as an industry is over-populated with thunderous arseholes and I'd like to see someone who's the antithesis of that being a success, but it's clear it isn't going to happen here. I'd wish him the best if/when he leaves as unlike most of the failures there's none of the ego or obnoxiousness about him: he's just a nice guy who has tried his best and isn't up to it. It happens.

Those who appointed him, on the other hand...

AWMSC

I think he seems like a genuinely nice, warm, likeable man but unfortunately that's by the by. Football as an industry is over-populated with thunderous arseholes and I'd like to see someone who's the antithesis of that being a success, but it's clear it isn't going to happen here. I'd wish him the best if/when he leaves as unlike most of the failures there's none of the ego or obnoxiousness about him: he's just a nice guy who has tried his best and isn't up to it. It happens.

Those who appointed him, on the other hand...

I dunno, I think he comes across pretty well and seems knowledgeable so with the experience he has it was a calculated risk. A risk that was also reduced by getting a very experienced assistant in.

It might not work out but I think it's pretty easy to see why he was given the job.

I see a lot of similarities between him and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - his Scandinavian background, his quiet unassuming personality, even his looks - but there are also big differences, Ole seems to have the unanimous backing of his clubs support and seems to have the self-confidence which this inspires, which will in turn rub off on the team. On the other hand JJ seems to have a frustrated even worried demeanour judging by his latest pre and post-match interviews. Listening to him, he seems to make a lot of sense, very intelligent and an advancement on what we've been used to over the years.

I think that he will go on and be a successful manager, and if we bin him too soon he'll go elsewhere and do really well and we'll be left wondering what might have been.

*insert signature here*

Also, for those who are wanting rid of JJ, there are some perma-cretins like 'big Yogi', Neil McCann, Paul Hartley and Mark McGhee still out of work. Just be very careful what you wish for.

People would have been saying the same about Ian McCall a couple of years ago, now he's doing well at Ayr.

I agree though.

EOho8Pw.png

The problem for me is the style of football promoted by JJ is awful to watch and perpetuates the Duffy view that we are an inferior footballing squad punching above our weight against the giants of Scottish football including Brechin and Alloa. I just don't see where JJ wants to take the club. As for his interviews...

His interviews are pathetic.  Be better getting his missus to do them in his place.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I see a lot of similarities between him and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - his Scandinavian background, his quiet unassuming personality, even his looks - but there are also big differences, Ole seems to have the unanimous backing of his clubs support and seems to have the self-confidence which this inspires, which will in turn rub off on the team. On the other hand JJ seems to have a frustrated even worried demeanour judging by his latest pre and post-match interviews. Listening to him, he seems to make a lot of sense, very intelligent and an advancement on what we've been used to over the years.

I think that he will go on and be a successful manager, and if we bin him too soon he'll go elsewhere and do really well and we'll be left wondering what might have been.

I keep hoping that he will come good - but the lack of any sense of urgency regarding our squad deficiencies is worrying.  He needs to raise his game, and soon.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

No, what is 'absolute lunacy' is handing over nest season's campaign to a clown who can't beat part-time outfits now, has sent the likes of Tidser and Millar's games massively backwards in four months with his s***e tactics and whose grand transfer strategy turns out *not* to be 'Finnish youth international gems' (the straw being clutched just before the window opened) and is actually 'Dylan Dykes, utility man from Ross County'. Truly inspirational stuff!

And nobody is suggesting that Johannson should be sacked for short term reasons as you have wrongly claimed: the rest of this season is a mediocre write-off, not a relegation battle even with him in charge. He should be removed for medium-term reasons instead: he has done absolutely nothing to be trusted with rebuilding the squad rebuilding in the summer and mounting a credible play-off challenge. He is a James Grady mk.II and just like that equally useless novice we must cut our losses this season before he does serious damage to the club next time round.

Not that it's ever the job of the fanbase to headhunt talented managers on behalf of a full-time chief executive at a professional football club, but Brian Wake is quite clearly a better option as his managerial CV shows. 

Johannson's management CV by contrast is a blank sheet of paper with 'Alfredo Morelos' scrawled across it in crayon twenty times. He's dung; get rid. 

It's lunacy because it's amateurish short-sighted short-termism. Again.

How on earth can it be sensible to sack him when he's not had the chance to craft a squad and bring in his own signings? Isn't that a fairly basic right of a manager given a two year contract, that he gets a chance to craft and improve the squad and the players at his disposal?

He's only had 19 games ffs.

Nobody at Morton was expecting to be on their second manager of the season so early so I'd be astonished if they don't let him see out his contract, subject to results of course.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Also, for those who are wanting rid of JJ, there are some perma-cretins like 'big Yogi', Neil McCann, Paul Hartley and Mark McGhee still out of work. Just be very careful what you wish for.

Stop writing posts that I agree with, it's creeping me out

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Maybe Jean Johansson should go in and do the team talks after talking about the club on the Jeremy Vine show on channel 5 last Tuesday. She showed a bit more enthusiasm than her man does.

His ability to do the job is up for question but i don't think his enthusiasm is. I have no doubt he is passionate about the job, desperate to get it right and do the best he possibly can do for our benefit and for his own career too. I'm sure when we get beat, he is a right moody fecker on a Sat night like we all are!

We also don't know what he is like in the changing room so very hard to judge on that.

He has a typical Scandinavain personality/ approach, very much different from a mental burd from the port. Doesn't mean he doesn't care...

His ability to do the job is up for question but i don't think his enthusiasm is. I have no doubt he is passionate about the job, desperate to get it right and do the best he possibly can do for our benefit and for his own career too. I'm sure when we get beat, he is a right moody fecker on a Sat night like we all are!

We also don't know what he is like in the changing room so very hard to judge on that.

He has a typical Scandinavain personality/ approach, very much different from a mental burd from the port. Doesn't mean he doesn't care...

Agreed. I think he comes across quite well and is pretty insightful at times but that and actually doing a good job are two different things.

Archived