Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 40 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

County sign Callum Semple from Sheff United who was on loan at Queens this season.

Also signed the boy Armstrong from Raith as mentioned on another thread.

When you have one of the most wealthy individuals in Scotland totally committed to your cause that's the sort of thing you can do.

When you have one of the most wealthy individuals in Scotland totally committed to your cause that's the sort of thing you can do.

If you’ve got one of the most wealthy individuals in charge I’d expect more than two players I’ve never heard of.

Welp, Ross County have a rich guy in charge, just shutter Cappielow and give up, we can't possibly compete (with a team we beat last month.)

Not suggesting that for a moment.

Just acknowledging that when you are financially strong as Ross County are with Roy Macgregor's backing you are far better placed to offer attractive deals to players than clubs further down the food chain and therefore better able to make significant signings, and that's without taking account of the parachute payment for clubs relegated from the Premier League.

Hard to disagree with that I would have thought.

Well that's a whole different argument as you well know.

Having the most money and the most expensive players doesn't always bring success.

However sadly for the less well off clubs it more often than not does.

Except when it comes to Morton. DDFR tried to buy success and failed.

Not suggesting that for a moment.

Just acknowledging that when you are financially strong as Ross County are with Roy Macgregor's backing you are far better placed to offer attractive deals to players than clubs further down the food chain and therefore better able to make significant signings, and that's without taking account of the parachute payment for clubs relegated from the Premier League.

Hard to disagree with that I would have thought.

McGregor doesn't put money in anymore mate. He ensures that everything is run within the budget. 

No, the clubs budget. As I said, he no longer puts his own money into the club.

The point I am making, and I accept yours, is that he invested heavily and set the club up financially for the future on the basis that he wouldn't have to intervene. However he is still the main man, does the hiring and firing and accepts that the buck stops with him.

Whether or not he has dipped in to help after what he described as a mistake in firing Jim Mcintyre I don't know but I would not be surprised.

He remains committed to the success of Ross County.

According to the article i posted a while ago, said that the last time he put in real money was the stadium. Roy also said we were an example of a club he wanted to emulate - L.O.L

Good guy and very well regarded up there. Depends what you call 'real money'!

The point I am making, and I accept yours, is that he invested heavily and set the club up financially for the future on the basis that he wouldn't have to intervene. However he is still the main man, does the hiring and firing and accepts that the buck stops with him.

Whether or not he has dipped in to help after what he described as a mistake in firing Jim Mcintyre I don't know but I would not be surprised.

He remains committed to the success of Ross County.

There was a interview with him, I think possibly one of the Alba features, saying that now the club is on a sound footing, the stadium is complete and the youth academy is in order, he no longer needs to put in any money. 

Good guy and very well regarded up there. Depends what you call 'real money'!

I know, he also never sacked any of the background staff - he is a really community orientated owner and they are very lucky.

Who knows though, our potential new owners owe this town a lot so maybe they will want to give back through Morton... :lol:

There was a interview with him, I think possibly one of the Alba features, saying that now the club is on a sound footing, the stadium is complete and the youth academy is in order, he no longer needs to put in any money.

Well if he said it himself to a cutting-edge source of interrogative journalism like BBC Alba then that settles the matter. Just like the time when Gretna finally balanced their books and unveiled their state of the art eco-stadium because that Lucozade-swigging jakey Brooks Mileson fed the Daily Record that line of utter bullshit as well.

Looks like we can add ‘gullible’ next to ‘Walte Mitty fantasist’ in your tagline.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Well if he said it himself to a cutting-edge source of interrogative journalism like BBC Alba then that settles the matter. Just like the time when Gretna finally balanced their books and unveiled their state of the art eco-stadium because that Lucozade-swigging jakey Brooks Mileson fed the Daily Record that line of utter bulls*** as well.

Looks like we can add ‘gullible’ next to ‘Walte Mitty fantasist’ in your tagline.

That's what he said mate. I don't really care either way if it's true or not.

You're a very strange guy.

Archived