Morton v Dundee 1st Feb - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dundee 1st Feb

Ton4life

Well Ton have recently enjoyed success against teams we should

expect to beat and a draw at United. On Saturday we take on a Dundeeside that are bottom of the form league (last ten games) all be it

we have one game more than them in that period.

Surely this is an opportunity to close the gap on them. They were

pish v Dunfermline who took the game to them. With Johnstone offski and only Hemmings left there should be no need for a defensive

formation this weekend.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rogers

Strapp

McGinty

Baird

Tumilty

Jacobs

McAlister

Colville

Cadden

Muirhead

Nesbit

Subs- Ramsbottom, McLean, Livingstone, Lyon, Millar, McGuffie, McHugh

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Well Ton have recently enjoyed success against teams we shouldexpect to beat and a draw at United. On Saturday we take on a Dundeeside that are bottom of the form league (last ten games) all be it we have one game more than them in that period.Surely this is an opportunity to close the gap on them. They were pish v Dunfermline who took the game to them. With Johnstone offski and only Hemmings left there should be no need for a defensive formation this weekend.

Should be winning this so will end up losing

Would take a draw 😀

Rogers

Strapp

McGinty

Baird

Tumilty

Jacobs

McAlister

Colville

Cadden

Muirhead

Nesbit

Subs- Ramsbottom, McLean, Livingstone, Lyon, Millar, McGuffie, McHugh

We should be looking to get Millar away from the bench and have Orsi on there in his place. Lovely guy but he isn't even cutting it as a sub at this level anymore sadly.

We should be absolutely looking to win this.

Our form is good, at home and hopefully most of the injured players are back in the squad.

Dundee are going through a really difficult period by their standards. Fans appear to have given up, hopefully we can take advantage.

Like to see us line up something like;

Rogers,

Tumilty McGinty Baird Strapp.

Jacobs  McAlister

Nesbitt      Colville      Cadden

McHugh.

Bench- Ramsbottom, McLean, Lyon, Millar, McGuffe, Muirhead, Orsi.

2-0

After 10 minutes Dundee had missed a sitter which came from McGinty heading what should have been basic clearance right down to a Dundee player’s feet in the box, then scored from McGinty being muscled out of making a simple clearance due to a centre forward standing still beside him. This is a Chris McLeod debut.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Looks like all that wild applause for letting Grant and Welsh waltz out the door without already having competent replacements was badly misplaced.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Was happy to give McGinty a chance.

Ok, back to McLean.

I don’t think McLean should be a regular starter but if there’s one game he had to play in it was today. McGinty has barely played recently and has no understanding with the rest of the back line - plus he’s gubbins - so chucking him in at the deep end today was a bewildering decision to begin with.

That’s in no way a mitigation for the first goal, but that’s an error that at least today could’ve been easily avoided by sensible management.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived